by bibby

Adds friendly locomotives

Content
6 years ago
0.15 - 0.16
Trains

b Multiplayer desync - 0.0.4

6 years ago

In a dedicated multiplayer server I will desync shortly after Percy (it may impact others as well) is placed. If either I or another player places the engine down it appears that only I will desync even after a client restart. While trying to reproduce the desync we noticed that it occurs when the engine plays a voice line. Happy to help diagnose this issue on our little test map/pack we have going.

6 years ago

Interesting find. We noticed that when I (as a player) disable the talking in my options, it causes other players to also not hear the voice lines. Perhaps the mod uses my settings specifically which may be why only I crash. This could be related as I was the user that generated the map.

6 years ago

I wasn't sure how this would behave during multiplayer, so please forgive me if it hurts your fun. After the talk interval hits, an area scan is performed looking for nearby trains. This is only done around 'player 1'; but I just thought of a way to make that better (or worse, depending on the cause).

I wonder if the lookup is expensive enough to cause your desync. There might be an alternative. Thanks for the report.

New response