Railgun Enhancer

by mewmew

Enhances the railgun and adds some visual effects.

Content
5 years ago
Combat

g Suggestions, Compatibility

5 years ago

Compatibility with other mods, i think "Turret Shieds" causes this error message https://imgur.com/a/L84ew9A as soon as you hit turrets with researched shields.

Suggestions: looks like you left vanilla RoF and MS penalty, they are painfully slow, especially because they amplify each other. Character move rediculously slow while shooting from railgun and cannot remove this debuff (penalty) untill railgun reload which causes unability to kite/hit and run biters. Change movement speed penalty to at least submachine gun level, or decrease reload time and this gun will be actually usefull late game tool.

This gun also doesn't support "auto aim" function, "C" by default is attack on ground, "Space" by default is autoaim attack, but not for this gun for some bizarre reason and because of that you can simply miss very important shots even in close quarter fights.

Another suggestion more cosmetic than practical but still.. players should not be able to craft this gun and ammo from start of the game even if they doesn't have required materials such as blue circuits. I suggest add requirement to unlock "military 4" technology and a new recipes only then will be available. This also will delay appearance of this gun a little bit, because now you must construct "hi-tech" science pack asembling line (what was available after "advanced electronics 2" - blue circuits and hi-tech science packs)

5 years ago

if you don't know how to made bind for specific technology you can learn this from "Sniper rifle" mod code

5 years ago

Added entity.valid checks, hope it makes it compatible now.

It is a powerful oneshot gun, it is fine to slow you down for a bit.

I don't like autoaim for everything.

Recipe for darts and the gun now unlock with military-3 research!

New response