Quarry

by Shylie

Mine ores without an ore patch. Probably compatible with any mod.

Content
5 years ago
0.14 - 0.17
Mining

g The mod shows an error in the start screen

6 years ago

So, i wanted to install this mod for pycoal processing because it updated and made borax an ore, so previous made maps do not have borax (and that sucks).
Anyway, the mod shows this error with pycoal on:
quarry/data-final-fixes.lua:167:attempt to index field 'results'(a nil value)

Help me pls

6 years ago
(updated 6 years ago)

I don't have pycoal, but have bobs, angels, yuoki and have the same error. I tried to comment out line 167 in "final-fixes.lua", but I get another one afterwards - something-recipe-something-thorium-ore... I think that some mods have the name "quarry" used on something else. Perhaps a rename for compatibility's sake would be in order?

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: As PhaseHand confirmed, it's a conflict with bob's ores:

As far as I can tell this particular error is from Having Bob's Ore enabled along with yours.

https://imgur.com/a/FDzG0

Confirmed to work with Bob's Ores disabled.

EDIT 2: A Suggestion:

There is a discussion here - https://mods.factorio.com/mod/LiquifyScienceandLab/discussion/5ad119079ca23a00091f4ab3 - basically an idea to use categories instead of specific ores, that way it should be compatible with every mod.

6 years ago
(updated 6 years ago)

thorium is not fully set up by bob's ores (and it isn't used for anything), so for now, i'd just say add it to the blacklist. that'll fix that issue, but not sure if that will prevent other issues with bob's ores, but definitely start there. just completely blacklist thorium. it isn't used for anything.

6 years ago

thorium is not fully set up by bob's ores (and it isn't used for anything), so for now, i'd just say add it to the blacklist. that'll fix that issue, but not sure if that will prevent other issues with bob's ores, but definitely start there. just completely blacklist thorium. it isn't used for anything.

Unless you are like me and are using MadClown01's Nuclear Extension, which does use Thorium. Though even so, Thorium doesn't spawn as an ore itself, you get to it through research. I don't think the problem's related to Thorium only, though.

In the discussion I linked above, Kryzeth states:

All science packs are loaded into data.raw.tool (alongside the mining tools and repair packs, I think) as data.raw.tool["name-of-science-pack"], so you could easily scan that list, filter out the names with "science" in them, and use the resulting list of items to create liquid and liquid-to-solid recipes. This would allow you to support any mod that adds its own science packs, instead of just vanilla.

Haven't dived in to it myself, but there has to be a similar thing for ores, modded or vanilla.

6 years ago

solution found. requires 2 edits right now.

Open data-final.fixes.lua in quarry's mod file found in (appdata/roaming/factorio/mods)
in a program such as notepad++ where you can see line numbers....

on the paragraph that starts on line 7, add a single line, blacklisting thorium.

-- list of resources unavailable in quarries
local resourceBlacklist = {
["ground-water"] = true, -- bob's groundwater
["thorium-ore"] = true --bob's thorium ore. crashes due to thorium having no mining result
}

then go down to around line 167 and completely edit out that section of code.

--[[disable stone residue due to loading conflict on line 167 when loading with bob's mods
-- add stone residue
if settings.startup["quarry-stone-waste-percentage"].value > 0.0 and recipe.results[1].name ~= "stone" then    
  log("adding "..settings.startup["quarry-stone-waste-percentage"].value.."% stone waste to "..recipe.results[1].name)
  recipe.results[1].probability = 1 - settings.startup["quarry-stone-waste-percentage"].value / 100
  table.insert(recipe.results, {type = "item", name = "stone", amount = 1, probability = settings.startup["quarry-stone-waste-percentage"].value / 100} )
end
--]]

6 years ago
(updated 6 years ago)

i just completely disabled the stone-residue output, not because it HAS to be disabled, but because i didn't feel like actually fixing that bit and just wanted to see if i could get the damn thing to load.

some additional work is needed to get that section working properly.

New response