Liquify Science and Big Lab

Liquify your science into fluids allowing using pipes and tanks for logistics. Use the new Big Lab too, to process all your science packs. Now supports Vanilla, Schall and Bobs Tech.

Utilities
3 years ago
0.16 - 1.1

i You can make this better

Kryzeth β˜†
6 years ago

I see that currently, you are hard coding every single liquid science recipe (and the liquid into solid science recipes) but you could be doing this automatically. All science packs are loaded into data.raw.tool (alongside the mining tools and repair packs, I think) as data.raw.tool["name-of-science-pack"], so you could easily scan that list, filter out the names with "science" in them, and use the resulting list of items to create liquid and liquid-to-solid recipes.

This would allow you to support any mod that adds its own science packs, instead of just vanilla. I don't know if you only want to support vanilla, but I think this is a really cool idea that could use some expanding.

I could code up a simple start as an example

6 years ago

Man, that would be great, especially for supporting other mods .. All the mods I'm doing are being to learn, I'm leaving everything as public domain for everybody change... If you can give this start to me, I would be very happy to continue ... I'm doing more vanilla because it's what I know best, but it would really be cool to support all mods, and if you simplify the code, better still ...

6 years ago

Thank you very much for that!

Kryzeth β˜†
6 years ago
(updated 6 years ago)

Alright, I pretty much created an entirely new version, with most of the functionality ready. It supports bobs tech (logistics packs, gold science packs, alien science packs) but not the "packs" from bob modules (module case, etc) and any mod that might change the technology unlock for science packs.

I commented most of the important lines so you can see what goes on in every function. The only issues are that the bobs mod science packs look like water in pipes and tanks (but still use the right icon) and that there are 4 rows of science packs in the crafting menu that can't be hidden (3 of which can't be hand-crafted by player).

I would suggest making some kind of furnace-type machine that takes science packs and outputs liquids, and vice-versa. Then you can hide at least 2 rows of the recipes.

(uploaded through google drive so you can view the internal files before downloading, in case anyone is paranoid)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/11565m8jS6d7iaRD2cIa4A5GyYW5whqxz/view?usp=sharing

Kryzeth β˜†
6 years ago
(updated 6 years ago)

Of course, my only request is that my name goes in the author bit (of info.json) and you give a little "thanks to Kryzeth" or "help from Kryzeth" somewhere in the information :D

6 years ago

Well! You made it MUCH better! Thank you very much !!
Now I want to analyze all your code and I believe I will learn a lot from it. I am very happy that you have shared this with me and with all the community, who will certainly enjoy this very much too. After analyse the code, i will study this way of hiding the recipes with the furnace-type machine. Thanks again, and if I can do something for you, just ask.

Kryzeth β˜†
6 years ago

No problem, glad to help. This idea intrigues me as well.

But yeah, any recipe can be hidden, but if it's for an assembling type machine, it will be completely inaccessible. If it's in the smelting category though, it can be hidden and still used by the machine (since you don't have to manually select a recipe)

And it's cool, just wanted to help bring out the true power of this mod, and maybe you can use some of the code in your other mods. You're doing good work out there :D

6 years ago

Niiiice!!! XD

Kryzeth β˜†
6 years ago

And wow, just saw the front page here; that's a lot more credit than I thought! But thanks!

5 years ago

could you guys maybe wrangle up a liquid filter for pumps? since you are so good at the liquids.

New response