Pyanodons High Tech

Rebuilds the entire circuits and high tech production chain. Uncover technological secrets that perhaps should have been left in science fiction.

Overhaul
30 days ago
Manufacturing

g Can you add HighTech to an existing Py game?

4 years ago

I started a game with all Py mods except HighTech. I have finished all red and green research and am in a base re-organisation phase. I am now regretting not including High Tech as this is clearly going to be a very long game anyway. Is it possible for me to add the High Tech mod in and continue using my current save game? Anything I should watch out for? I currently only have access to Green Circuit boards, so will obviously have to spend a lot of time to get back up to where I am now before tackling gray and blue research.

BTW, I am enjoying the mod immensely so far, it has freshened Factorio right up for me. Haven't played for ages since an AB Spacex run a while back. I would never play AB again after Py!

4 years ago

well the biggest issue is all your circuits will need redone which will seriously limit your ability to automate their production as youll have to hand craft a bunch.

next issue is rare earth and phosphate ore needs to spawn so depending on how much map you've already revealed you'll have to travel a bit to find it.

other than that im not aware of to many issues that should stop you from doing so. just run this bit of code in the console after adding it to refresh the tech unlocks for anything you've already researched

/c for _,player in pairs(game.players) do
player.force.reset_recipes()
player.force.reset_technologies()
player.force.reset_technology_effects()
end

4 years ago

Thanks very much for that. I've done a test run all my existing green circuit boards in storage converted to the tier 1 High Tech circuit boards, so that will give me enough to automate their production. Didn't know about the Ancient Remains or Rare Earth Bolides, but found them with a bit more exploring.

Thanks very much for the Tech reset code, the new High Tech research options did not appear until that was run, so I would have been hamstrung without it.

Cheers,
Swamp

New response