exfret's randomizer

by exfret

Randomizes game properties, like belt speeds, inserter speeds, and more. Over a hundred game properties are touched. Download for the ultimate randomization experience that will force you to think in different new ways!

Overhaul
18 days ago

g solar panel properties seem to be biased the wrong way

2 months ago

having tested a bunch of generations on both bias = 0.55 and bias = 0.45, the solar panel's energy output seems to be negatively correlated with bias
with 0.45 bias, solar panels almost always generate more than 60 kilowatts, usually more than 100 (I even got it to generate 300kw solar panels one time)
whereas with 0.55 bias, solar panels almost exclusively generate less than 60 kilowatts, and generating over 40 kilowatts is above average
this might also be true for other power generation options, but solar panels are the most obvious

2 months ago

Sharp eye, I literally noticed this yesterday and it will be fixed in the next update. (And yes it happened to be true for all power gen... I'm such a dumbo)

2 months ago

Okay, should be fixed in the newest version. Do keep in mind though that versions are not backwards compatible. Unfortunately, there are a lot of changes going on and it's simply not feasible to make sure things don't break with each new version, so if you're already in a world you've progressed decently on, I'd probably stick with that.

New response