exfret's randomizer

by exfret

Randomizes game properties, like belt speeds, inserter speeds, and more. Over a hundred game properties are touched. Download for the ultimate randomization experience that will force you to think in different new ways!

Overhaul
18 days ago

g minor compatibility issue with 248K mod

2 months ago

the randomization itself has no issues, but the mod compiling time when activating together balloons to concerning levels.
i had to wait about 3 minutes more than without the 248K mod installed.
while i know that the mod adds a lot of stuff, that time still feels way too long.

i think you may want to look into this.

2 months ago

3 minutes is definitely way too much. I wonder if I forgot to comment out the beta tech tree randomization or something before release, since that takes a while? It's not randomizing the technology prerequisites is it (randomizing science packs amounts/times is okay)?

2 months ago

it did change technology costs and research times as i wanted, though i don't really know about the prerequisites.
i am also using hidden tech tree mod, so that is kinda hard to figure out for me without having to go through multiple mod compiling sessions, which i don't really want to do.

i have to remark though that i'm using a low-end laptop, so 3min for me may very well be closer to 30sec for you. so my issue may only really be a noticeable issue for bad pcs,

2 months ago

ah, i think i just found the missing part of the problem.
i have been using your mod together with Vill's Recipe Randomizer and that seems to have caused a good part of the compiling time increase as well.

i have just tested using only 248k mod or krastorio2 with either one or both of the randomizers and while there does seem to be a slightly higher loading time than expected when using both randomizers, Vills recipe randomizer is just particularly bad with the 248k mod.

seems like your mod is innocent! sorry for the inconvenience!

i'm gonna post this on Vills mod page instead.

2 months ago

Yep, I just saw you post on vill's page haha. And yeah, that's pretty normal of his mod. Once you get into the more complex randomizations things are pretty bad. It's one of the things I'm hoping to fix when I get to my own recipe randomization (but so far things are looking slower lol).

New response