exfret's randomizer

by exfret

Randomizes game properties, like belt speeds, inserter speeds, and more. Over a hundred game properties are touched. Download for the ultimate randomization experience that will force you to think in different new ways!

Overhaul
18 days ago

i randomizer suggestion

2 months ago

i believe i read somewhere that at one point you want also to randomize recipes too as do other mods allready and with that heres my idea:

instead of randomizing every recipe at the start, if possible , make it so that the recipe is only then randomized when it is researched and randomized only with items you can actually build....

sometimes such randomizer mods lock you behind tech because you have to research 10 other things until you can build it whats not really fun in my opinion
hence my idea that circumvents this problem

2 months ago

Yes, I'm working on recipe randomization. I may consider doing that, but it's not a high priority.

2 months ago
(updated 2 months ago)

may i add the suggestion to put manual limits on certain item types?
i am having some problems with the wide chests / merging chests mod because the chests on some seeds get way too much inventory space, too much for the chest mods to handle...
so far i needed to disable those mods, change randomizer seed, re-enable the chest mods and repeat until i got working seed.

2 months ago

Hm... one difficulty is the number of things that are randomized, so it'd be hard to make it configurable enough to everyone's liking. It's easier if there are specific mods like wide chests that I can have hidden compatibility for. Were there any other mods where it was acting up?

2 months ago

how about including a name check for chest, storage and maybe tank?
that way all vanilla chests and most modded storage solutions should be covered and you could run the randomization process separately for those items, with the set limit.

i'm sure i'm missing something, but with my limited programming knowledge i don't see any issues with this approach.

2 months ago

Why tank specifically? Is that different from a car? But anyways, I think I'll just add a limit to all things, since it's still a little silly to have 1000 slots if the original had 10 for example.

2 months ago

no, i meant the other kind of tank, as in storage tank for fluids and stuff. though those don't have inventory slots, so that was a mistake on my part.
but vehicles with storage are a thing and something i didn't even think about.

2 months ago

Well, I guess we have one edge case right there lol. But yeah I'm currently stuck on the minimum value randomizations but I have an idea.

New response