Perimeter Paver

Create blueprints to prettify existing tiles.

Content
6 months ago
Blueprints

i Usage change idea

6 months ago
(updated 6 months ago)

Hey notnotnaught! Thanks for making a really neat mod :) I always struggle with making things pretty in my bases, so this mod bridges a neat gap for me in that respect, haha

It would be neat if you could use a selection tool on an area of tiles, and then have it set ghost-construction tiles on the appropriate tile locations around the targeted "starter" tile type. Alt-mode selection could place a blueprint in the player's hand of that pattern, so you can then place it in multiple places.

Currently the process is: copy tiles -> click shortcut -> (sometimes) adjust tile surrounding settings -> click location to place adjusted tile blueprint (which requires you to line it correctly)

The proposed flow would be: click shortcut -> (sometimes) adjust tile surrounding settings -> select area -> (sometimes) click multiple locations to set same pattern.

If the area selection tool stays on the cursor after doing the selection, then you could just keep selecting areas without needing to click the shortcut again. Or if you can select an arbitrarily large area and apply the perimeter paver logic to each instance of the "starter" tiles, you might need to only use it more rarely.

I think this would be a neat QoL aspect. Not sure about the complexity of it though.

6 months ago

Interesting idea, I'll look into doing that! I haven't written anything that involves creating a new selection tool, so I'm not sure how hard it'd be, but I really like your alternate proposed workflow. Thanks for the suggestion!

New response