Pyanodon tweak for Logistic Cargo Wagons

Tweaks the technology requirements of Shane Madden's Logistic Cargo wagon mod to take account of the increased complexity and changed technology tree of Pyanodon's mods.

Content
4 years ago
0.17 - 0.18
Logistics

b Logistic Wagons don't work without the Player Logistic Slot 1 technology

4 years ago

Hey, not sure if this in as intended or not, but the Logistic Wagons are effectively gated behind the Utility (yellow) science packs, which is really late game due to requiring the Player Logistic Slot 1 tech in order to work. (I suspect that this is as a result of the fake player used to make the logistic requests.)

Was that the intended tier? Or is this a bug?

4 years ago

Hmm, I think this must be in the original Logistic Cargo Wagon mod as the only changes the Pyanodon Tweak makes is to the Technology Tree.

I suspect you are right and that it is a result of the fake player used to make the requests.

If that is the case, then one solution is to bring the Player Logistic Slot tech forward in the Tech Tree, which, given the time taken to get to Utility Science in Pyanodon should probably be situated in early Chemical Science or maybe late Logistic Science.

Thanks for spotting this - it's down to insufficient testing on my part.

I shall need to look into the balancing aspect of such a change first, so it may be a couple of days before I get a fix out.

4 years ago

Well that proved not to be as complicated as I thought - there is now a new mod for Pyanodon, py-logistic-tweaks, which brings the whole of the vanilla logistic system into Green Science, in the process fixing the anomaly that in Pyanodon you could research Lubricant before Advanced Oil Processing :)

This mod now has py-logistic-tweaks as a dependency. Hopefully that fixes the problem - if it doesn't, let me know.

Expect the new mod and the update to this to be available later today.

4 years ago

Hey, thanks for taking a look at this! It works!

However, it seems to be overridden by the Space Exploration mod. Is there a way around this?

4 years ago

Wow Space Exploration AND Pyanodon - that is seriously challenging stuff!

In fact I'm surprised that the two mods even work together given the fundamental changes each make to the core game.

I've taken a look, and Space Exploration appears to specifically revert changes other mods make to the tech tree back to its own tech tree changes, which, sadly, means that I don't think it's possible to fix this without breaking Space Exploration.

I suggest you approach the Space Exploration mod author about this.

4 years ago

Haha, I may have overcommitted, but I'm a ways in now!

Thanks again for the insight - I'll go bother the Space Exploration mod author about this.

New response