Lets you move resources (ores / oil).

Utilities
3 years ago
0.16 - 1.1
Environment

g How to use the mod

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

It took some time for me, but I finaly figured out how this mod works.

As soon as you have unlocked the tool in your hotbar (where blueprints, destruction planner and upgrade planner are)
and you either have launched a rocket or changed the settings, you can select an ore patch. You won't receive any message that the ore patch is selected and the ore patch will still be there. Then you need to press shift + drag the tool in a different place where it doesn't overlap with any other ore. When you stop selecting, the previously selected ore patch will be moved to the center of the newly selected area.

I hope this helps someone.

2 years ago

thank you

1 year, 4 months ago

Thanks

8 months ago
(updated 8 months ago)

I still had trouble figuring out how to use this, so here is a step-by-step:

1) ensure that the mod is installed by looking in Settings ->Controls->Mods and look for the Omnimover section. Note that sections are not in alphabetical order and that the section has only a single setting in it. You can also look in Settings-> Mod Settings->Omnimover section->Map tab. This is where you can set when you can move ore (at any time, or only after you've launched the big rocket).

2) activate the mod by either pushing the appropriate button in the ShortCut Bar or by pressing Alt-M. You'll know its active when a purple map icon appears on your cursor.

3) Left-Click-and-Hold (NO shift) and drag a box around all or part of an ore field, then release the mouse button. That portion of ore should now be in memory although there is no indication for it...the cursor does not change and the ore field will continue to look the same.

4) now move your cursor to where you want the patch to be and Shift-Left-Click there. The patch held in memory will appear and the previous ore field will now reflect this change. You don't need to drag a box at the new location...just click. As has been mentioned, you cannot put the patch on cliffs nor on another ore field but anything else is ok. Neither your character nor your base will affect this cut/paste (i.e. you can move an ore field out from under your base).

Note: Pressing Q will get the map icon off of your cursor.

New response