Utilities
3 years ago
0.16 - 1.1

g Thank you so much for making this Mod

5 years ago

This is a life savior!

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

I'm glad to hear it has been a big help!

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

not having used this mod yet, it sounds like a great idea, ...
but on the other hand a bit cheaty too since it combines the cheatiness of the bombs themselves (easy destruction of entire biter towns as well as no resulting penalties like radioactive pollution) with the cheatiness of a very simple method to remove any and all cliffs in some area.

what would you think of adding two additional effects to these explosions ?
would they (easily) be possible to implement at all ?
(of course, such options would be best when given as mod options to (de)select)

• option/effect 1 : Nukes destroy all cliffs in some area (that's what the mod currently does)
  • option/effect 2 : Nukes CREATE cliffs at the border of their effect (creating real craters) that have to be destroyed with cliff explosives (or another Nuke :-)
  • option/effect 3 : Nukes create pollution by some means, preferably some radiation which damages over time and this effect diminishes over time, or simply by producing a burst of normal vanilla pollution.

ps: why is this mod listed ingame with "last version: ---" and "last update: ---" ?
maybe because the versions to download are listed oldest to newest instead of newest to oldest, and thus the newest partially seems to be a version for factorio 0.16 (but then it shouldn't be selectable ingame from a 0.17 version at all)? if that is the reason, it seems to be a problem/bug/glitch in factorio itself !?

4 years ago

Thanks for the feedback. However, the focus of this mod is to aid people such as myself who use nukes to clear terrain for building by making them also clear cliffs. As such, I consider any changes to nukes other than that (such as option 3) to be outside the scope of the mod, including balancing changes. The mod doesn't interfere with other mods that want to change the balance of nukes or add new functionality, though.

The issue with the "last update" was a graphical bug caused by me uploading the 0.17 version and then the backported 0.16 version, causing the 0.16 version to technically be the newest one. I re-uploaded the 0.17 version and it seems to have fixed it.

New response