No Belts Vanilla Game

Have a new experience with NO BELTS. You can make from the start the Small Logistic Robot, the Small Logistic Chests and the Small Roboport.The Science Pack 2 now requires small-logistic-robot instead of belt, but consumes the same resources.

Content
5 years ago
0.16 - 0.17
Logistic network

g Slight balance changes

5 years ago

So, I really like the mod, but I have a few requests.
If you don't feel like working on them, that's fine, but I would like to request permission to use some of your work to build on to make my own mod.

Most of my issues stem from the fact that the small logistics bot and small roboport feel overpowered.
I understand that you are trying to compensate for the loss of belts, but the issue is that "upgrading" to regular bots and roboports feels like a step backwards.

I feel like using the small versions should come with some steeper penalties so that there is real incentive to spend the time and resources to upgrade.

My requests would be that small logistics bots can not carry more than one item at a time and the small roboport would recharge either 4x slower, or has only one recharge slot. After all, you can fit four of them in the same space.

Let me know what you think.

5 years ago

Hi Dinoc,
You right, the mini robots were meant to be slower and has less cargo, but I was playing with a friend and after hours and hours of playing it was still easier to take the items on foot than with these robots. I changed that but made the mod unbalanced, which turned out to be bad, and I forgot to go back and fix it.

We need to re-evaluate this and change some data, if you can help me in this, I put you as a contributor of the mod, if you can upload some changes in that direction, it will help a lot!!

Thanks for the ideas, feel free to modify this mod, and dont forget to put you in the author in info.json ! :)

5 years ago

Thanks for the reply. I ended up making my own mod, which combined the ideas from several logistics projects that I had been thinking about. Your mod is listed as an inspiration, and I ended up using some of your code as a reference point.

If you are curious, here is the link to mine: https://mods.factorio.com/mod/Logistics_Bits_And_Bobs/downloads

If you want to compare notes at some point, feel free to get in touch.

5 years ago

Great Dinoc!!!! Even better!

Soon as i have some time, i'll test your new mod. Seems very nice...

If anything i can do, just ask!

New response