Nixie Tubes

Adds nixie tubes, for displaying values from a connected circuit network.

11 days ago
0.13 - 1.1

b crash on pre_player_mined_item

5 years ago

the following is to be taken with a huge amount of uncertainty and it might be all my own fault, since i am using lots of mods, have disabled some of them, enabled others, and reenabled some. by doing so, lots of settings seem to have been lost or changed (mod settings and hotkey bindings which seem to NOT be restored when syncing mods to an old save), and i also can't remember when and how i would have enabled the functionality to instantly build blueprints or instantly remove items with the deconstruction planner. sure, this is mostly a test map and those functionalities would be handy, but i did not use test/cheat mode mods or lots of console commands. still, the following might be caused by incompatibilities with these functionalities.
and now my bug/crash report :

on my map where i have lots(!) of mods, i can't delete many of my nixies. on another map with few mods (almost vanilla only) i have no such problem. thus the reason for crashes might be related to some incompatibilities, although the message that i get when rightclicking a nixie tube only refers to this mod:

Notice
Error while running event nixie-tubes::on_pre_player_mined_item (ID11)
nixie-tubes/control.lua:10:bad argument #1 to 'pairs' (table expected, got nil)

some further tests resulted in more strange effects and other crashes:
the above problem appeared after i had placed some nixies with shift-click to extend four-digit small nixies to 6 digits and those nixies were placed but stayed black, and then wanted to delete those "badly placed"(?) nixies. no problem when i removed the middle nixies of those 3 nixies, but when i placed those middle nixies again, it worked twice and on the third i got this crash:

Notice
Error while running event nixie-tubes::on_tick (ID0)
nixie-tubes/control.lua:267:attempt to get length of field '?' (a nil value)

removing all these nixies with the red deconstruction tool removed some nixies completely (probably those that i placed with shift-click) and from the others it only removed the background items and kept the numeric display on screen which then was not deletable by any normal means, but still blocked placing new items there. saving and loading the map didn't help either.

after using the deconstruction tool again and waiting a few moments, some messages were displayed on the console part of the screen:
remvoing damaged nixie tube xxxxxxx (xxxxxxx being some numbers)
besides the message "remvoing" :-) this again had no effect on these partially deleted nixies. and saving and loading the map again didn't help either.

New response