Nauvis Melange

EN: 'The Spice extends life, the Spice expands consciousness, the Spice is vital to space travel.' ~ Princess Irulan This mod aims to implement a substance, The spice, also called Melange, onto the planet of Nauvis. It features a production line for this precious substance. But be aware, as it may extend your life and expand consciousness, it may also apply for the natives of this planet, the aliens! DE: 'Das Spice garantiert das Leben, das Spice erweitert das Bewusstsein, das Spice ist lebenswichtig für die Raumfahrt.' ~ Prinzessin Irulan Diese Mod bringt die Spice Melange, auf den Planeten Nauvis. Sie bietet eine Produktions-Linie für diese wertvolle Substanz. Aber aufgepasst, nicht nur dein Leben wird durch sie garantiert und dein Bewusstsein erweitert. Das selbe mag auch auf die Ureinwohner des Planeten zutreffen, den Aliens!

2 years ago
0.18 - 1.1

g Error

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Was just chilling in my factory then suddenly:

Error while running event nauvis-melange::on_nth_tick(18000)
nauvis-melange/scripts/main/players.lua:92: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
nauvis-melange/scripts/main/players.lua:92: in function 'remove_addiction'
nauvis-melange/scripts/main/players.lua:173: in function 'handler'
core/lualib/event_handler.lua:56: in function <core/lualib/event_handler.lua:54>

3 years ago

Known issue, I am already investigating, I hope that i fixed with the changes I did.

3 years ago

By the way, you did load an existing save, or did this happen in a fresh save?

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Save was created before I added mod. I mined some pre-thing not with mod's intended way but using miner drones from other mod, that could mine right from holes without filling, if that matters.
(I guess it tries to remove spice addiction assuming I have one but I don't.)

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

3 years ago

Wait, they were able to mine the worm-holes? Mind saying what mod that was, cause this isnt intended, only pre-spice mass should be able to be mined.

3 years ago

Yeah they was mining right from worm holes.
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/Mining_Drones

3 years ago

switching over, because thats the same error.....

I have a worm hole on mining (normal electrical miner)

I also did not had anyting done with spiece or what so ever..

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

just installed the mod. after some minutes same error. (added to en existing game)

3 years ago

How about making the addiction system an option ?
thouse one could play without and prevent this additional micro entanglement but keep the other parts of the mod.

Bonus would that the addiction function won't be 'loaded'

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

The addiction system is not only for the addiction, i just call it that, cause i dont want to call it drug system. The system also manages the "prescience" (invisible radar following the player during the drug influence). I can disable the addiction itself though. And as of now, I should have fixed the error. I cant reproduce it on an existing save anymore, so I need you to verify that. Disabling the system wont fix any issue.

3 years ago

Just to add there, the problem why it crashes for you, is because you are loading it from an existing game, which itself shouldnt be an issue, as i had some code for that, but the problem apparently was that i hadnt implemented it correctly. If I can get through the last things i wanna do for the next release, there might be a new fixed version later this day.

3 years ago

Released

3 years ago

The mod Nauvis Melange (0.7.0) caused a non-recoverable error.
Please report this error to the mod author.

Error while running event nauvis-melange::on_nth_tick(18000)
nauvis-melange/scripts/main/players.lua:90: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
nauvis-melange/scripts/main/players.lua:90: in function 'remove_addiction'
nauvis-melange/scripts/main/players.lua:177: in function 'handler'
core/lualib/event_handler.lua:56: in function <core/lualib/event_handler.lua:54>

A have startet a new game (w/o Nauvis Melange) to test my Running mod. Nothing is build here. save the game. activate Nauvis Melange and load the game. after 3 minutes it crashes.

3 years ago

Could you give me the mods list you are playing with, i cannot reproduce the issue and guess that it is two mods somehow clashing

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

it is my test environment. got the crash too if I start a new game from scratch. but hey I could earn my first melange. looks like uranium ;-)
https://prnt.sc/uw45fk

3 years ago

Yeah nvm, i eventually got it reproduced too. Fix is wirkong (Had a test of generally any table breaking for the last 4 hours)

3 years ago

Fixed

This thread has been locked.