Nauvis Melange

EN: 'The Spice extends life, the Spice expands consciousness, the Spice is vital to space travel.' ~ Princess Irulan This mod aims to implement a substance, The spice, also called Melange, onto the planet of Nauvis. It features a production line for this precious substance. But be aware, as it may extend your life and expand consciousness, it may also apply for the natives of this planet, the aliens! DE: 'Das Spice garantiert das Leben, das Spice erweitert das Bewusstsein, das Spice ist lebenswichtig für die Raumfahrt.' ~ Prinzessin Irulan Diese Mod bringt die Spice Melange, auf den Planeten Nauvis. Sie bietet eine Produktions-Linie für diese wertvolle Substanz. Aber aufgepasst, nicht nur dein Leben wird durch sie garantiert und dein Bewusstsein erweitert. Das selbe mag auch auf die Ureinwohner des Planeten zutreffen, den Aliens!

2 years ago
0.18 - 1.1

g so what does it do?

3 years ago

Hey, this seems cool, but can you explain some more?

3 years ago

Ofc, I should really add a feature list. So currently, this is what it contains:
- First you would want to find a Worm-Hole, this can be done either by finding it naturally, which is very rare, or kill a worm, which leaves a Worm-Hole behind
- Then you need to research Spice/Melange processing to get access to the recipes
- To get the Pre-Spice mass, you need to fill this hole up with water, with the Water Injector (250k), when its full the Water Injector explodes because of the pressure from below
- A Pre-Spice mass deposit will appear, which then can be mined with a drill (Pre-Spice mass generates naturally too, but is even rarer than Worm-Holes)
- This Pre-Spice mass you need to dry in the Drying rig to get the Spice Melange
- Finally, you can consume the Melange to heal and run faster (regenerating per tick doesnt work currently due to a bug in Factorio, should be fixed in the next release of the game and should activate automaticly, so no update needed for the mod)
- If you are under the influence of the Melange, your vehicle should drive faster (and regenerate as soon Factorio is fixed), to simulate the enhanced control over the vehicle

But at the cost of getting that powerful, there are some negative effects to Melange processing. In case of an attack and the destruction of an inventory (player, car/tank, cargo wagon), the Alien will consume that Melange. The Alien that did the kill, will get leveled up according to your settings, default is 2, the neighbouring 1 level (you can change it a bit in the settings). Additionally to leveling up, the evolution factor will be set higher. So dont let the aliens get the Spice.
This is what this mod is currently about, if you have any other ideas or cross mod additions (I could see Space Exploration needing Spice to fly a ship, but I havent done much with Space Exploration, so idk). But yeah, suggestions welcome. :D

3 years ago

Wow I'm loving the creativity put into the mod! (and t's references :p )
Should I create a new map for it to work?
I'll try it out before any suggestions :)

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

You can continue your old map, as long as there are worms to kill, you can produce spice. Natural generated Worm-Holes and Pre-Spice mass are rare anyways :P

3 years ago

Amazing, i will try it soon ! In particular the principle of injection/explosion Mmm maybe some suggestion :
- this spicy melange could be ionised and spayed in the atmosphere giving continuously more live and personnal bonus and module-like bonus for factory. But the biter become addicted and attracted by the spicy like by pollution and increase the rate of their attack and evolution
- To send melange to the earth by spaceship could be a winning condition or for compability with krastorio, could be one of winning conditions
- Few unique big worm would give perpetual deposit (if it is not like this, i do not tried at this time)

Hope unique graphics
And i will try soon :) thx for the mod

3 years ago

I am generally against perpetual natural deposits, cause whats gone is gone, also, Spice is supposed to be quite rare. So I could see three things being done here
1. Different deposit sizes based on worm size, needing different amount of water
2. Breeding worms, perpetually placing them, harvesting wormhole, repeat
(hidden option 3). Both

3 years ago

I am generally against perpetual natural deposits, cause whats gone is gone, also, Spice is supposed to be quite rare. So I could see two things being done here
1. Different deposit sizes based on worm size, needing different amount of water
2. Breeding worms, perpetually placing them, harvesting wormhole, repeat
(hidden option 3). Both

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

I like the breeding idea :) ♥ I undertsand your position about the perpetual but i think that the core of gameplay of factorio still automation. So this is why would suggest it.

Perpetual or biggest deposit or breeding permise more automated process so they are an add value in the gameplay. The filling of water and explosion still the originality of this ressource. So probably that the add-value for the game of your mod is to be able to set up a two phasis automated extraction. The first is to fill water and the second is mining and processing. Maybe to Be able to manage the pression to avoid explosion with damage. I suggest this keypoint, but let you think about what is good for your mod ;) Have a nice day

3 years ago

Wow i said it, you made it ! Respect !

3 years ago

The rest is still on my list, i just wanted to present the current progress, to see where its going and get your feedback :D

3 years ago

Something I think many filthy handcrafters such as myself would enjoy is spice speeds up personal crafting speed. That way it would be an incredibly valuable resource :)

3 years ago

For further suggestions refer to here

This thread has been locked.