More Bobs!: Core deprecated

by Xagros

Extends additional add-ons for all of the Bob's mod

5 years ago

b update 16.26 triggers a recipe-crash when paired along with EndGame Combat.

6 years ago
(updated 6 years ago)

morebobs_0.16.26 update triggers recipe crash in Endgame combat. removing moreBobs allows EndgameCombat to load.

"failed to load mods EndgameCombat/data-updates.lua:8:EndgameCombat/prototypes/item/compound-ammo.lua:72: Tech set to unlock recipe 'tesla-turret', which does not exist?!"

crash occurs when Endgame Combat is paired along with newest update to "more bobs! mod", removing it (or reverting to version 16.19 of moreBobs! resolves issue for me. That was the last version i used before update to 16.26)

6 years ago

putting this here, because endgame combat hasn't been touched in awhile [last update was 2 months ago], but today's check for updates did find a few others:
(other mods updated at the same time, prior to crash were: creative mode mode, darkstar utilities, increased rates, noxys stacksizemultiplier, recursive blueprints, and shinyIcons, all of which can still load along with endgame combat without any issues detected [yet].)

changelog for 16.24 said it was fixed, but still getting the issue with a 16.26 zip file installed. is the fix config-setting dependent?

Whilst the crash log doesn't reference more Bobs!, the update to moreBobs triggered the crash...looking into Endgame combat's compound ammo logic--it crashes and references it because the code in endgame combat is DESIGNED to trigger a crash if a technology effect results in a recipe unlock for a recipe that doesn't exist, that's actually written into the code. So i searched for what added the tesla turret...

HI.

6 years ago
(updated 6 years ago)

(and for anyone getting this issue: replace with version 0.16.19 resolved it for me.)

6 years ago

from what i can understand from the way EndgameCombat's logic is written, it searches through all initialized technology for any tech that has an effect to unlock a recipe: verifies that there IS a recipe for that item, and if that check fails, it prints an error and prevents the game from loading. And since EndgameCombat is the mod that triggered the errorState, that's what gets printed to the player.

6 years ago
(updated 6 years ago)

I was able to solve the problem quickly with your detailed explanation. Thanks to that, I have added the item sorting of EndGame Combat for the remaining time. (If you do not like it, toggle [MSB!]Order option! :D) If you have any other problems, please let me know! Thank you.

6 years ago

Wow, that is an incredibly helpful feature (by EndgameCombat).

6 years ago

yeah, i just wish it spat out the name of the mod that was trying to add the technology >.>

New response