More Bobs!: Core deprecated

by Xagros

Extends additional add-ons for all of the Bob's mod

5 years ago

g Coin, Mint, Burner Mint?

6 years ago

So what exactly are these for? The mint and burner mint seem to produce coins, but the coins themselves don't seem to go into anything or do anything? Unless I'm missing something...

6 years ago

Funny I was just wondering this as well, but I'm pretty sure it's not this mod that's added then. Of course I could be mistaken.

6 years ago

Nope, it's this mod for sure. You can hover an item in the menu and it will tell you which mods are affecting it. The first mod at the top of the list is usually the mod that added it.

Of course, just to make sure, I also checked in the code itself, and there definitely is a mint, electric-mint, and 2 coin recipes listed under the tuonela addon. But I couldn't find any other references to coins in any other recipes in this mod, or any of the mods I currently use. So not sure what the purpose is.

6 years ago
(updated 6 years ago)

Ah, thanks, I have the mod name removed from the tool tips,

I also have found no purpose for the coins.

6 years ago

If you have maps that have added market scripts, you can use a mint. I planned and inserted it into the scenario, but it does not make sense in free play. In the next update, I'll post a scenario that adds a market to free play as a simple example.

6 years ago

I did not add market features because they can be implemented in the vanilla scenario configuration function.

6 years ago

That sounds like it falls outside of the scope of this mod. The only mod that I know that activates an economy is the Black Market mod.

If the mint and coins and market features are only used with a scenario, then they should be in a separate mod by themselves. I don't think that functionality has anything to do with bobs, which this mod is supposed to enhance and fix features for.

6 years ago
(updated 6 years ago)

First of all, I upload a sample scenario. I think coins are needed in a scenario with markets. So I made a mint that can be used in Bob's mod. If there is no scenario according to your opinion, it will be useless. I will improve this point or let it create a separate mod separately.

Example scenario

6 years ago
(updated 6 years ago)

Even With the scenario, it will be useless to most people who already use this mod. It just adds a couple of useless machines to the (already full) crafting menu.

I don't think people will be downloading this mod for the scenario. I think scenarios belong in their own mods.

6 years ago

Even With the scenario, it will be useless to most people already use this mod. It just adds a couple of useless machines to the (already full) crafting menu.

I don't think people will be downloading this mod for the scenario. I think scenarios belong in their own mods.

I added an active toggle to the mod option until it improved. I will consider how to handle this useless thing like your opinion. Kryzeth, thank you for your interest in my mod all the time.

6 years ago

I think you should either make it a part of the game (including free play), or just remove it entirely. I don't mind the concept at all, but it needs to be part of the gameplay.

Thanks for the consistent updates :D

New response