Mining wagon

by adamius

Adds a mining wagon with electric drills built in.

Content
4 years ago
0.17 - 0.18
Trains

i [done] So what, exactly, is the point of soft locking the wagon?

4 years ago

The tech that unlocks it is fairly low in the tree, so why on earth does the wagon require a portable fusion reactor to make? This single thing makes it basically useless, as by that point, why would you build rails for the sole purpose of mining them with the train, when you've already mined them normally?

4 years ago

The mining wagon in its current form has multiple electric mining drills inside. The fusion reactor is for portable power. There are several mods for electric power on trains and my plan is to enable support for those. A completely unpowered wagon doesn't make sense. A coal powered version also makes no sense.

This mod is not intended for early game. The tech tree dependencies are later in the dev version.

If your mall is not able to make fusion reactors I'm not sure its ready for portable mining. Solar is an option that will be supported in a different way later.

4 years ago

I mean, at the point you can actually mass produce the fusion reactors, you don't need mining on trains.

4 years ago

I've added steam based mining as an alternative for earlier stage railway based mining.

4 years ago

Ah, lovely.

4 years ago

How does this actually works? Cant seem to get the steam powered wagon to mine anything.
The fusion wagon no problem.

4 years ago

Did you attach the steam-powered mining wagon to a train with a fluid wagon full of steam?

4 years ago

Do'H!, No i forgot tnx

New response