miniMAXIme: Character scaler and selector

by Pi-C

The player stands like a giant near the vehicles. Now you can adjust the size of your character -- and you can change your appearance at any time if you've other mods that provide extra characters!

Tweaks
a month ago
0.16 - 1.1

b [Fixed?] Error 1.1.33

10 months ago

When I started a new game to play the "Wave Defense" game scenario, the following notice popped up within seconds:

Notice
The mod miniMAXIme: Character scaler and selector (1.1.33) caused a
non-recoverable error.
Please report this error to the mod author.
Error while running event minime::on_player_armor_inventory_changed
(ID 37)
minime/libs/assertions.lua:90: Wrong argument! nil is not a valid
character!
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'error'
minime/libs/assertions.lua:90: in function 'arg_err'
minime/scripts/character.lua:1006: in function 'copy_character'
minime/scripts/player.lua:685: in function 'event_handler'
minime/scripts/events.lua:286: in function
<minime/scripts/events.lua:283>

9 months ago
(updated 9 months ago)

Thanks for the report! The crash occurred because the dummy character has been destroyed. Why? Apparently, "Wave Defense" deletes all surfaces except "nauvis" on several occasions (e.g. if a player joined the game, difficulty is changed, or a new round is started), and everything on them. While I already attempt to restore missing preview and dummy characters, this fails if I try to recreate the characters on a surface that doesn't exist. I simply didn't reckon with somebody removing everything.

I'll put in some safeguards, to immediately restore preview/dummy surfaces when they are destroyed by another mod. However, it would be better by far if I could get the devs to modify the function deleting the surfaces, so that it ignores mine.

9 months ago

This should be fixed in version 1.1.34.

New response