miniMAXIme: Character scaler and selector

by Pi-C

The player stands like a giant near the vehicles. Now you can adjust the size of your character -- and you can change your appearance at any time if you've other mods that provide extra characters!

Tweaks
a month ago
0.16 - 1.1

b [Not a bug] Appearance changing is not possible on existing saves

1 year, 17 days ago

Basically what the title says. I got this mod because I wanted to experiment with changing characters, but when I loaded an existing save, I found that to be impossible. If I load a new save, there is a button to open the appearance editor, and if I set a hotkey that works too. But if I load a save that was created before the mod was installed, there is no appearance button, and the hotkeys don't work, so.. as far as I can tell, it isn't possible to change your character's appearance in a save that's already been created. I'm guessing that's not supposed to happen, hence the Bugs tag. Any help would be appreciated :3

1 year, 17 days ago

I'm sorry, but I couldn't reproduce that. I've created a new vanilla game, saved, then enabled miniMAXIme and loaded that save. The button was visible and opened the GUI. However, there's one recent change that could cause that: If your saved game is based on a scenario where you're not supposed to have a character (e.g. the vanilla "Sandbox" scenario), the GUI toggle button will be removed.

Are you using my helper mod? (You should check your mod list, some of the character mods require it.) If not, please install that mod and make sure you have at least one additional character mod as well. On loading a game, the helper mod will print some diagnostic messages if it doesn't find an active selector mod.

If installing the helper mod doesn't get you any further, could you upload the saved game (without miniMAXIme) somewhere and tell me what other mod mods you've added when you tried to add miniMAXIme?

1 year, 16 days ago

Oh maybe the world was in sandbox. I was using it as a test save and I can't remember if it was a sandbox save where I had a spawned a character with a command or not. That may have been it lol

1 year, 16 days ago

Good, let's assume it's not a bug! :-)

In the next version, this mod will inform players that the scenario they are using doesn't support characters if the helper mod isn't active. I hope this will avoid some confusion..

New response