miniMAXIme: Character scaler and selector

by Pi-C

The player stands like a giant near the vehicles. Now you can adjust the size of your character -- and you can change your appearance at any time if you've other mods that provide extra characters!

Tweaks
a month ago
0.16 - 1.1

b [Fixed] gui buttons

1 year, 1 month ago
(updated 1 year, 1 month ago)

after updating this mod all my gui buttons were not visible, some i could enable in settings but not all , when i go back to version 1.1.25 they all back

1 year, 1 month ago

Do you mean the toggle buttons, or the buttons on the main GUI? Could you upload the saved game that won't work in versions > 1.1.25?

1 year, 1 month ago

i mean buttons on top left corner where clock and other stuff is (like helmod and pywiki)

1 year, 30 days ago

It seems you disabled the character selector mode (startup setting).

… when i go back to version 1.1.25 they all back

Also, this has put me off track. Did you really go back to 1.1.25? The version used in the saved game is 1.1.23, which was the last version where the old icons were used. One of the changes in 1.1.24 was this:

- The toggle button for the character selector GUI now has an icon instead of a textual description, so it will take up less space.

Please check this forum thread, you can see the new icon there.

1 year, 28 days ago

really using 1.1.25 version now, i didnt make you new save but i got 1 already on onedrive and send you , but it was like 1 day earlier not more, cos i was reporting other bug with diffrent mod, anyway it was this save that when updated to newest version make all gui icons invisible
also i got no problem at all with your gui and this character selector (i have this off cos i use your mod only to make my characters smaller), only problem is that when i use newest version of your mod, all icons from many diffrent mods disappear (2 i missed most was helmod and pywiki)

1 year, 28 days ago
(updated 1 year, 28 days ago)

autotrash, todo list , fat , bob inserters gui, helmod, pywiki and mayby few more (cant check atm) all are gone , only clock remains
some of those mods has its own settings in playersettings that i have to disable and then reenable and then those buttons come back but just few of them and not those i use most ...
if you load this save like it is you can surely see in top left corner lots buttons , then go update your mod to newest version and you see they all gone

1 year, 28 days ago

just did it all over again and it is exactly as i said - 1.1.25 buttons from all mods i mentioned above are at top left corner , 1.1.27 all gone but clock

1 year, 28 days ago

if you wonder why i go from 1.1.25 to 1.1.27 - thats bc 1.1.26 doesnt work at all for me (not a problem at all just reporting)

The mod miniMAXIme: Character scaler and selector (1.1.26) caused a non-recoverable error.
Please report this error to the mod author.

Error while running event minime::on_configuration_changed
Unknown shortcut name: minime_toggle_selector_gui
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'set_shortcut_available'
minime/scripts/player.lua:373: in function 'update_player_settings'
minime/scripts/player.lua:730: in function 'init_player'
minime/control.lua:230: in function 'init'
minime/control.lua:309: in function <minime/control.lua:276>

1 year, 28 days ago

Thanks, I see now what you mean! If the character selector is disabled or shortcuts are used instead of buttons, I remove the toggle button and the button flow containing it as well as the button flow's parent element. There actually is a check that should make sure button flow + parent are only deleted if the toggle button was the only button in that flow, but it seems I messed up its logic. :-D

The fix should be replacing lines 696/697 in scripts/gui_stuff/gui_char_selector.lua with this:

if not minime.character_selector or
    (not have_button and must_remove(buttons)) then

with this:

if (not minime.character_selector or not have_button) and
      must_remove(buttons) then

Can you confirm that this works?

1 year, 28 days ago

yeah, this works
thank you!

1 year, 28 days ago

You're welcome!

1 year, 27 days ago