miniMAXIme: Character scaler and selector

by Pi-C

The player stands like a giant near the vehicles. Now you can adjust the size of your character -- and you can change your appearance at any time if you've other mods that provide extra characters!

Tweaks
a month ago
0.16 - 1.1

b [Fixed] Crash on map start

1 year, 1 month ago

Factorio stable version (1.1.76).

In freeplay:
The scenario level caused a non-recoverable error.
Please report this error to the scenario author.

Error while running event level::crash-site-skip-cutscene (ID 177)
The mod miniMAXIme: Character scaler and selector (1.1.26) caused a non-recoverable error.
Please report this error to the mod author.

Error while running event minime::on_cutscene_cancelled (ID 168)
Unknown shortcut name: minime_toggle_selector_gui
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'set_shortcut_available'
minime/scripts/player.lua:382: in function 'update_player_settings'
minime/scripts/player.lua:730: in function 'init_player'
minime/scripts/player.lua:1012: in function 'event_handler'
minime/scripts/events.lua:277: in function <minime/scripts/events.lua:274>
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'exit_cutscene'
...ata/Roaming/Factorio/temp/currently-playing/freeplay.lua:116: in function 'handler'
core/lualib/event_handler.lua:47: in function <core/lualib/event_handler.lua:45>

In sandbox:
The mod miniMAXIme: Character scaler and selector (1.1.26) caused a non-recoverable error.

Error while running event minime::on_player_joined_game (ID 45)
Unknown shortcut name: minime_toggle_selector_gui
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'set_shortcut_available'
minime/scripts/player.lua:382: in function 'update_player_settings'
minime/scripts/player.lua:730: in function 'init_player'
minime/scripts/player.lua:1012: in function 'event_handler'
minime/scripts/events.lua:277: in function <minime/scripts/events.lua:274>

1 year, 1 month ago

Thanks for the report! I'm already debugging. The crash occurred when I started a new game while the character selector mode was disabled. So I'd suggest you revert the "Enable character selector" setting to its default value until I've updated the mod. Once that is done, you can turn off the selector mode again in your running game (requires restarting Factorio, but not starting a new game).

1 year, 1 month ago

In sandbox:

My fix works for the sandbox game as well as for freeplay. However, I wonder if that is the correct behaviour. Isn't sandbox about playing without the limitations of a character? Shouldn't the character selector be disabled completely in sandbox mode (like with the "Brave new world" scenario)?

1 year, 1 month ago

Not sure if you were asking me or just pondering it but I don't know (I do only very little modding myself). Any idea if the fix will be out by Monday? (I'm starting a playthrough with about 10 more players and we are using your mod among others.)

1 year, 1 month ago

Not sure if you were asking me or just pondering it but I don't know (I do only very little modding myself).

That wasn't about modding experience, but about the game. I never used Sandbox for playing, but I noticed that the player gets no character when a new game is started with that scenario. That's why my question whether it wouldn't be better if I disabled the selector mode for Sandbox.

Any idea if the fix will be out by Monday? (I'm starting a playthrough with about 10 more players and we are using your mod among others.)

Try out version 1.1.27! I hope I didn't upload this in time for your playthrough …

1 year, 1 month ago

Uploaded about 2 hours before we started :) thanks. Tested both freeplay and sandbox and the mod works fine. (I use sandbox only for testing or blueprinting so I personally don't care all that much, but I would probably leave it in just in case someone was using it.)

New response