miniMAXIme: Character scaler and selector

by Pi-C

The player stands like a giant near the vehicles. Now you can adjust the size of your character -- and you can change your appearance at any time if you've other mods that provide extra characters!

Tweaks
a month ago
0.16 - 1.1

b [Fixed?] I updated the mod now I can't load my save

1 year, 1 month ago

Error while running event minime::on_load()
First argument must be a number, table or string. Got: nil
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'on_event'
minime/scripts/events.lua:249: in function 'attach_events'
minime/control.lua:128: in function 'attach_or_detach'
minime/control.lua:367: in function <minime/control.lua:349>

1 year, 1 month ago

Could you post your saved game, please?

1 year, 1 month ago

same error happens when creating a new game

1 year, 1 month ago
(updated 1 year, 1 month ago)

same error happens when creating a new game

This is really strange! I've created a new game and the game started without a crash. Unfortunately, I just noticed that the settings for logging don't take effect. Could you unpack the mod and change line 28 of the file libs/debugging.lua?

-- Old line:
debugging.is_debug = debugging.debug_in_log

-- New line:
debugging.is_debug = true

After this change, restart the game, let it crash, and post factorio-current.log (you could send it to me in a private message on the forum). Depending on how many mods you are using, the log file may get quite huge, so you may want to zip it.

1 year, 1 month ago

My mistake, this was on a standalone instance that I forgot to update to 1.1.77. Probably the same problem as OP.

1 year, 1 month ago

Oh, that's quite possible! From the changelog:

Changes:
    - We'll now raise the new script_raised_teleported event (added in Factorio 1.1.77) when a character has been teleported.

The event doesn't exist in previous versions, so the event identifier is nil -- just what your error message says.

I'll add a dependency on "base >= 1.1.77" for the next release. Thanks for the hint! :-)

1 year, 1 month ago

Sorry I forgot I posted this I got so wrapped up in the game. Does this mean its fixed? How do I post a save? Steam says the game is fully up-to-date.

1 year, 1 month ago

There still is another bug I must fix before I can upload the next version. For now, you can either update Factorio to 1.1.77, or you can delete line 249 in the file scripts/events.lua of this mod.

1 year, 1 month ago

i had this same problem, so i installed the beta on steam and now my inventory is gone, i have a feeling it wasnt the mod but instead the beta update but im not entirely sure, just want to post here warning other players it might happen aswell

Edit: i reloaded an autosave and my inventory came back, just be sure you make a save with all your stuff before updating incase this happens to you aswell

1 year, 1 month ago

i had this same problem, so i installed the beta on steam and now my inventory is gone, i have a feeling it wasnt the mod but instead the beta update but im not entirely sure, just want to post here warning other players it might happen aswell

Could you upload a saved game, so that I could try to reproduce this?

1 year, 1 month ago

But it says the game is the latest version. How am I supposed to update to a version that doesn't exist?

1 year, 1 month ago

Should be fixed in version 1.1.24!

New response