miniMAXIme: Character scaler and selector

by Pi-C

The player stands like a giant near the vehicles. Now you can adjust the size of your character -- and you can change your appearance at any time if you've other mods that provide extra characters!

Tweaks
a month ago
0.16 - 1.1

i [Implemented] Armor Visibility

1 year, 1 month ago

Would it be possible to add an option to use the unarmored models, even while wearing armor? I would appreciate it if something like this could be implemented.

Also, unrelated question, why does character scale setting's tooltip say 25 is normal when the default is 100 because it's a percentage?

1 year, 1 month ago
(updated 1 year, 1 month ago)

Would it be possible to add an option to use the unarmored models, even while wearing armor?

Yes, I think I could add a per-player setting allowing to turn off the armor in the character previews.

Also, unrelated question, why does character scale setting's tooltip say 25 is normal when the default is 100 because it's a percentage?

Minimum size used to be 10%, but I've changed that to 25% in version 1.1.20. Unfortunately, I've messed up when editing the English locale file and changed the 100% instead of the 10%. Thanks for finding this! I've already corrected the setting description for the next version.

1 year, 1 month ago
(updated 1 year, 1 month ago)

Yes, I think I could add a per-player setting allowing to turn off the armor in the character previews.

I don't mean in the previews, I mean in-game. Or would that change affect the in-game appearance too?

1 year, 1 month ago

No, the preview characters are separate entities placed on a hidden surface, so this wouldn't affect the player's character. I guess what you want could be done by removing the animations for the different armor types directly in the character prototype. However, this would affect both player and preview characters.

1 year, 1 month ago

I'm fine with it affecting both. Would that be something you'd add?

1 year, 1 month ago

I'll try if I can get that to work. But as this involves changing the prototypes, per-player settings wouldn't work, so changing the setting means you'll have to restart the game.

1 year, 1 month ago

Version 1.1.22 has a setting (default: false) for removing armor animations. I hope this works as you expected.

1 year, 1 month ago

Just tried it out, exactly what I wanted. Shame it can't be a per-player setting, but I'm happy with this.

1 year, 1 month ago

Great! Making this a per-player setting would be expensive (because I'd need to make two versions of each character prototype -- which would be several hundred if Genshin + Bob's Classes + Jetpack were active), and it would likely drive me insane as I'd have to add another layer of complexity to identifying and handling the characters.

New response