MicroController

by ljdp

Program circuit network logic using FAL, a Factorio Assembly Language.

Content
5 years ago
Circuit network

b Very heavy on the UPS

6 years ago

When dropping this into my no logi bot playthrough world (which isn't that big yet) this mod drops my UPS from a stable 60 to below 20UPS. The time-usage statistics say that this mod is using 55ms/t continuously.

Suffice to say I removed it again since I like a bit of performance. Cool idea though but this needs some heavy optimizations to become usable.

6 years ago

I wouldn't be surprised if this is the case in larger factories. I haven't put any thought in to optimisation yet. If you don't mind providing a bit more information, how many microcontrollers were you using? Did you see any different when the micro controller GUI was closed? The did UPS drop when the map loaded, or did it drop over time?

6 years ago

I had none placed. I had just added the mod to my save and just loaded up as it was unplayable I just quit and removed it again. The UPS drop was immediate.

6 years ago

For a test I just added it again: http://cyanox.nl/sc/2018-01-30-22-30-29.png

As you can see it is using 58ms continuous. The world is still relatively small and only a 16MB save file.

6 years ago

I've just tested it out in a larger factory save and managed to get to the crux of the problem. I've updated the mod now v0.0.2, it's gone from 38ms (in my save) down to 0.4ms.

6 years ago
(updated 6 years ago)

Yup 0.0.2 is much better.

The UI seems to stay open when you break the entity which in turn causes:

379.032 Error MainLoop.cpp:1016: Exception at tick 20157644: Error while running event microcontroller::on_gui_click (ID 1)
LuaEntity API call when LuaEntity was invalid.
stack traceback:
    __microcontroller__/stdlib/entity/entity.lua:52: in function 'get_data'
    __microcontroller__/control.lua:65: in function <__microcontroller__/control.lua:53>
6 years ago

Thanks for the report. Fixed in 0.0.3.

New response