Marathon Mod Automated

Automatically increases the resource costs of most recipes causing a marathon game. The will require the players to scale a larger factory and use rail to reach the end game. WARNING: Incompatible with marathon mod.

Tweaks
6 years ago
0.14 - 0.15

b Not working with base game only - FIXED

7 years ago
(updated 7 years ago)

When enabling only this mod i get Error loading mods on gamestart.

Failed to load mods: marathonmods/data.lua:5: attempt to index field "bobmods-plates-cheapersteel(a nil value)

I assumed this mod was intended to work with the base game alone, without things like bobsmods, but havent used this before so maby i missed something.

Factorio version 0,15,10 build 29654, win64.
Mod version 0,2,12

7 years ago

Wow - sorry about that, fix incoming.

If I may ask, why are you playing this mod without bob's mods? I feel like the vanilla marathon settings offer a pretty similar experience.

7 years ago

Thanks for the fast update!

Im basically looking for the same experiance as afforess original marathon mod provided but for 0.15. The changed recipies and craft times(with recipie/technology difficulty on expensive) makes quite some diffrence i think. I havent actually got to play a game with this mod yet but looks like what im after.

If you want, please share your favorite mod list for use together with this mod and ill try it out. Never really got into bobmods yet.

7 years ago

The optional dependency list is actually what I use.

Note that the biggest difference between Afforress's marathon and 0.15 marathon is the doubling of steel prices post-explosion. I'll be adding a setting flag soon to disable/enable this.

7 years ago

There is a very similar issue as before with mod version 0.2.22, i just though i should let you know. Ill stay on 0.2.17 for now :)

7 years ago

you can hotfix by flipping the newly added setting flag. fix should be coming soon though

7 years ago

I'm now getting this:
Failed to load mods: marathomaton/data-final-fixes.lua:42: ...athomaton__/prototypes/bobsmods/angelthon/recipe-bio.lua:105: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)

7 years ago

Sorry about all these crashes.

Did you flip the newly added angels_bio_artifact flag? are you playing with angels bioprocessing? natural evo?

7 years ago

No need to appologize, I'm impressed with the support and effort you put into the mod, thanks!

It seems to be working after the last update, I hadn't flipped any of the flags from the default.

New response