Mapshot

by palats

Generates a zoomable render of the whole map.

Utilities
a month ago
1.0 - 1.1

i Icons in labels

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

I have icons in my train station names. Mapshot should use these too if possible.

https://wiki.factorio.com/Rich_text

3 years ago

Ah, I knew about usage of icons for map tags (when creating one, it is possible of assigning an icon), but I did not think about the rich text. There are a few challenges:
- One would be to parse the text and extract the rich bits. Though it seems the syntax is fairly limited, so that looks doable.
- Then, guess which icon is actually needed. Naming / file does not seem completely straightforward.
- Then there needs to be access to the icon from the HTML.

The last one is more tricky. I don't really want to have the various Factorio icon images in my repository. The EULA seems to have some language about that, but still, I'm not fan of it. Ideally, the mod should re-gen the files it needs - it might also solve the naming problem. I believe it is possible through the API to generate those - I remember seeing an example somewhere.

So, all-in-all, that would indeed be a fine feature, but that would require some non trivial work, so I'm not sure if/when I will get around to it unfortunately.

New response