Manual Inventory Sorting

Makes some tweaks to the way inventory sorting works. You can sort your inventory on demand or toggle auto-sort. It's also possible to sort chests, cars and cargo wagons.

Utilities
3 years ago
0.13 - 1.1

i Add option to auto-sort all opened chests on open operation

6 years ago

Please, add option to auto-sort all opened chests on open operation.
Very useful in early game.

Also, get options of mod configuration into dialog/settings (player options tab) - or just copy it there as default values for new games. Once defined - always work

6 years ago

"Please, add option to auto-sort all opened chests on open operation."

Better: also add new option auto-sort chest on X ticks (once per second, or slowly)

6 years ago

Hi,

I like the idea of auto-sorting chests, you can expect it in the next version (whenever that will be).

As for moving the settings, I'm not opposed to the idea, but there is a problem with the auto-sort toggle - The settings are read-only, therefore it can't be changed by the hotkey.
I can see some ways around this but they don't seem very nice:

• Leave this particular setting in the current format and move everything else
  • As you suggested, make all the settings be the defaults for new games and then rely on the current system for further modification
  • Move everything, but only allow auto-sort to be changed for new games, after that use the hotkey to change it
  • Move it too but only consider the value of the setting when it changes
  • Remove it from the settings completely and only use the hotkey

I think I'm mostly inclined to the last option, but there might be problems when both the game's and the mod's auto-sort is left on. Since there wouldn't be any indication of the state of the mod's auto-sort, it might be hard for the player to realize and thus she'll waste cpu time on sorting the inventory twice for no reason.

I'll have to put more thought into this...

Cheers TRK

New response