Lightorio

Adds a little 'glow' to assembling machines, chem plants and oil refineriers, to make the factory more visible at night. Not intended as an complete replacement for lamps.

Tweaks
1 year, 8 months ago
0.16 - 1.1

b [pending - probably fixed] Massive UPS/FPS hit, Removing mod fixes issue

3 years ago

Been playing a save with some other mods and at some point when bitters attacked and destroyed some miners at one of my outposts i suddenly had a ups/fps decrease that made the game unplayable since, i thought to remove mods and lightorio was a recent addition. Removing the mod removed ~900 lights from the save and restored performance. Id upload my save for investigation but idk if i can here.

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Hey,

Is it just when objects are destroyed? You can upload files anywhere and post a link to it here.

Thanks
Jack

3 years ago

Hiya,
Thought I 'd pitch in on this as well.
I am also seeing this issue, it is mainly noticeable for me when destroying trees with weapons, for example having the FPS/UPS counter enabled and force firing on a tree with a gun would make the rate drop from a solid 60 to 55-58 (ish).

Throwing a grenade at a group of trees was the real nightmare though, depending on how densely packed they were it would either drop UPS to 20-30 or even lock up the game from a few seconds.

Unloading just this mod fixed the issue immediately, however, I did try to reload it before posting this to test destroying over objects as well, but the issue no longer seems present, unfortunately, I did save in between though so the mod is having to reload the lights back in.

I'll leave it enabled for now and post again if it reoccurs.

3 years ago

Been playing for about 3 hours and the issue is now back, confirmed that destroying any object causes huge UPS issues and game freezes and that disabling the mod removes the issue.

I've saved a copy of my game with the mod enabled if need be.

3 years ago

Hey,

Thanks for the extra details. I've been able to recreate this now locally, but feel free to provide your save if you'd like and I can test any fixes against that as well. I'm working on a fix to hopefully put out today.
Thanks
Jack

3 years ago

Hi Both,

I've released a fix for this today in Lightorio 0.18.5. Let me know if you still have issues, and upload a save if so.
For some reference - this was introduced in 0.18.1/0.18.2 to fix another issue. I've refactored that fix. Testing performance between 0.18.4 and 0.18.5 is about 20 times better (that is - the update time of Lightorio when removing large quantities of entities at once has reduced by a factor of roughly 20)

Any special logic when removing entities now also only triggers when removing player entities - any slowdown when killing biters or trees will (or at least, should) be down to something else now. But feel free to send me a save if you have issues and I can take a look.
Thanks
Jack

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Hiya Jack,
Thanks very much for fixing this so quickly, I'm going to re-add the mod to my save and try it again.
If you don't hear from me again you can safely assume everything is fine (at least for me).
I very much appreciate your help on this.
Cheers

New response