Lightorio

Adds a little 'glow' to assembling machines, chem plants and oil refineriers, to make the factory more visible at night. Not intended as an complete replacement for lamps.

Tweaks
1 year, 8 months ago
0.16 - 1.1

g [fixed] thanks and bug report

5 years ago

Absolutely in love with the idea, I spent most nights near my centrifugeuses because of the fascinating glow effect, much more places to look at now ! So thank you.
I had a problem though, factorio crashes at launch while log says "Failed to load mod "Lightorio": Filename of mod /home/taz/Factorio/mods/Lightorio doesn't match the expected lightorio_0.16.0 (case sensitive!)" I had to rename the folder to "lightorio_0.16.0" for it to work, you may want to do the same.

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

Hi, awesome! Glad you're enjoying the mod!

That's a pretty weird issue, I've downloaded it both through the in game mod browser and manually downloading the zip (which is automatically named lightorio_0.16.0) and haven't had it complain. How did you install?

Ah, did you manually download and unzip the folder into your mod folder? That would explain it. Maybe I should rename the internal folder just in case

5 years ago

Thanks for the report, I've pushed out an update with a modified folder name to prevent this effecting anyone else. Cheers!

5 years ago

yep, I did unzip first and copy next, cause i like to frequently edit and modify mod files. I guess it may explain the error thrown at my face. Glad you prevented it for future users.

Also I modified colors and intensity in data-updates.lua and data.lua so that each assembler glows it own tech color ( tech3 are greenish, tech2 more blue and so on )
maybe you want to provide a setting file so that people with ideas don't have to touch the code.

And again thank you for the mod, now i'm eagerly waiting for the night !

5 years ago

Ah, interesting idea! I had a think about this and have something almost ready to release, so you might want to back up your RGB colour settings before you update :)

Keep in mind that the in-game settings menu will only be editable from the main menu and will require a restart after changing anything. It's not the best functionality, but since this mod changes the .workAnimation properties of the entity prototypes in data/data-updates.lua, it's the only way.

5 years ago

Nice, I'm sure someone will come with cool settings.
Something else bothers me: chemical plants. From what I see in game and in your files, they get the generic "assemblerlight" from data.lua but nothing special in data-updates.lua where you cover an impressive set of assembler from bob's.
So they have a small glow providing they got power but it doesn't change according to working state so i can't tell in a glance if they're working or not. Maybe you could add a specific enter for them too ?

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

Mod settings menu is now available from 0.16.2 :)
I've also set chemical labs to give off light when active, the colour of which is now also configurable.

I've tweaked oil refineries to give off a more flame-like glow as well - but this is also configurable to taste.

5 years ago

Well done. You did it and you did fast. Nothing to complain anymore. Very nice concept you have here, best luck with it.

New response