by kizrak

Early game Light Artillery

Content
1 year, 26 days ago
0.17 - 1.1
Combat

g Light artillery worse range.

4 years ago

Would it be possible to make another mod that would lower max range of artilery? For example minimum range: 30 automatic range 112 manual range 224. (it would be worse then bob artillery)

4 years ago

i suggest that because light artillery have lower range then heavy artillery.

4 years ago

Some people think this mod is too powerful, and others not powerful enough. I think for balance, I'll keep this as is.

Thanks HaveANiceDay1983 !

4 years ago

I think it's under powered, and very expensive. Range is too far, damage is pathetic, and it costs more than heavy artillery to build. I'm just looking for something that shoots the same explosive shells as my tank and does the same damage with the same range. Looks like I will have to add the AI mod and just use a tank.

4 years ago

It is suppose to be very expensive and under-powered because it is ultra ultra early game (aka early red-green science). The real idea is that it really just brings the biters to you, and allows you to slowly eat away at their bases.

4 years ago

Nice thing is you could fairly easily offer a diversity of balance points with mod settings, but it's understandable if you want to keep it simple. :)

4 years ago

(This self-promotion has been pre-approved by kizrak over on Discord.)

HaveANiceDay1983, LordWabbit, if you would prefer a more powerful turret damage wise but with less range, may I propose to you two my own mod, Howitzers? ( https://mods.factorio.com/mod/Howitzer )

4 years ago

It's not what I expected either: perfectly accurate, high rate of fire, good range, and pathetic damage. Is it possible to nerf rate-of-fire and accuracy while bumping damage? Also, it should probably only fire at structures, not biters.

4 years ago

@IronCartographer
I really want to add mod settings to control things like range, damage, fire rate, but haven't really had time yet. Also, I have to pick between settings, and more features, so...

@Volvary
Thanks!

@leoch
I believe it only aims at spawners/structures. At least that has been my experience, but it does have a medium sized splash damage that often hits biters.
I hadn't considered an accuracy nerf, but at those ranges, it could be really wildly off. I'll have to research more into it.

4 years ago

Conceptually a nice mod, gives you long range artillery so you don't need to get close to the big worms to destroy them. But the tracking speed is crap. How about increasing the angular tracking speed to be more in line with what the vanilla game artillery has?

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

When/if I get around to adding settings for range/fire rate/damage/etc, I'll make sure to include tracking speed.

Thanks for idea!

3 years ago

I like the idea of perhaps a shell that isn't 100% accurate. Does the game allow for decreasing accuracy/randomizing shots via mod? I would be interested to see a variant of this mod that shoots much faster but with less range and accuracy. Sort of an artillery carpet bomb. Or perhaps one shot that has a spread like a barrage?

1 year, 26 days ago

Release 0.5.25 has mod settings that allow tweaking several values, such as Minimum and Base Attack Range. πŸŽ‰

New response