Leighzer's Scrapyards

Adds a scrap resource that can be recycled directly into basic components.

Content
7 months ago
0.18 - 1.1
Mining

i Sorting

2 years ago

I like the scrap idea, but it's hard to use it early-game when it creates so many items, if one of them is not getting used fast enough it clogs the machines and they stop refining scrap. I believe it would be a good idea to add the option for crafting scrap into 1 or 2 specific material(s) with a slightly reduced yield (almost like it is discarding the extra stuff). This way it is more profitable later on to use the default recipe, but still useful earlier.

2 years ago

I totally agree, I ran into this too and haven't been sure of which way I'd like to solve it. For now I've added iron and copper plate sink recipes. I THINK with some smart buffer management and priority splitter use you should be able to have the machines working and capitalize on the original scrap processing recipe. Even if the cubes are all sank into plates it should still be more advantageous to do so over smelting raw ore.

I will keep thinking on the recipes and see if improvements can be made while keeping it an interesting puzzle to solve.

7 months ago
(updated 7 months ago)

It has been a long time! I have a new set of reworked recipes that hopefully solve this problem.

4 months ago

Yooo! These recipies look really interesting! Thanks for the update 😎, I can make a big scrap recycling plant and use circuit conditions if I have overflow of anything. Best of all this is a reason for more trains.

New response