Leighzer's Scrapyards

Adds a scrap resource that can be recycled directly into basic components.

Content
7 months ago
0.18 - 1.1
Mining

i suggestions

3 years ago

I like this mod,

but how about restricting the sorting of the scrap to scrap-materials (for all available plates/ingots....) in certain probabilties (maybe with options)
This scrap-metalls could be smeltered with somewhat lower energy requirement into thier plates/ingots....

Also i think the ore generation should be more spread out as it would then appear that some spaceships are crashed here

It would feel like naturally, because getting useable gears /copper-cables / electric cards seems far fetched

3 years ago

I agree that the ore placement could be improved, I haven't yet found default placement settings that are reasonably balanced.

As for getting the useable items gears, chips etc. that was the initial idea I had in mind - that you can salvage ready to use intermediates from the scrap. Adding shavings/fragments that need to be smelted I think could be a cool addition. I do agree with the current graphics it does seem far fetched to get those intermediate items straight from a metal cube that looks like straight iron and copper plate.

My initial idea for graphics had inserter, belt, and assembler remnants, but I failed to get those to look nice in a resource patch, I may need to give the graphics here another try.

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Thanks for the response, i understand this intention and its good, but for me it feels a little something for free

How about including both way (usabeles and scraps)
I may thinking about sorting the scrape and having a certain probaility to have a usabel item and a sizeable amount of scrap. You could place an option with probabilties (0-100% scrap/usabele)
I just image to scouring some scarpeyrads like WALL-E (hey if you work your scape yard with the mining droids that would be a sight)

And for the useables, i would include also other (all) intermediates in probailities (lets say Green/red/blue cards - 5% / 3% / 1%)

I am not a programmer on this, but why not place your ores with your own placemechanic ?

New response