Leighzer's Science Ores

Adds new ores that can be processed directly into science packs.

Content
3 years ago
0.17 - 1.1
Mining

b Issue with Leighzer's Science Ores + Bobstech + Space Exploration

4 years ago

http://prntscr.com/nzs0b1

With only two of the mods in any combo they work fine, but when aall three are active I get this error.

4 years ago

Hello, I have identified the issue. There is presently what I believe to be a bug in the base game. I submitted a Mod API request to hopefully get it fixed.

Once it is fixed, I can have the autoplace name match the resource name when Bob's Tech is present, and prevent the crash you are experiencing. I may roll out an update that allows our mods to coexist (at the cost of autoplace controls not displaying properly in the main menu), but first I will wait a bit and see if my request gets implemented.

4 years ago

Is it possible to tell me how to make that fix myself? Wanting to start a new mod pack playthrough, but it'd be tricky to... y'know, add science ores post- start haha.

4 years ago

I just released a version that should function with space exploration.
There are 2 things to note however. First, autoplace names in the new game menu will not entirely be correct, there will be two controls with the name Logistic Science. Second, I have not yet added support for sciences that Space Exploration adds. These 2 pieces will take more time.

4 years ago

Thanks a ton, and no worries. We weren't expecting space exploration ores to be done for a while, and... if I may make a suggestion, see if it's possible to have them spawn off-world through SE? Those science packs are a monster difficult to make from what I've seen, and as such would feel a touch more balances if they were trickier to get :P

4 years ago

Also on a side note, as a silly thing. Ever thought of changing the names of the science ores to be more ore-like?

automation-science-ore=Automatium
logistic-science-ore=Transportite
military-science-ore=Militazine
chemical-science-ore=Chemicalcite
production-science-ore=Productinium
utility-science-ore=Utilitanadium
space-science-ore=Space rocks
advanced-logistic-science-ore=Calculatorium

Just... some suggestions. :P

4 years ago

Spawning the space science ores off world is a great idea. I think for now I will focus on getting the ores added, then perhaps reaching out and seeing if Earendel can choose where he believes the ores should live. Yes definitely, if they are very hard to make the ores should be extremely rare or the recipe should be very difficult!

Haha I haven't! I figured to keep it straight forward (for future sciences that could get implemented, its easier for me to use prexisting name than create a new one). However, I very well could add a setting where, if we have a nice creative name, use that instead, else fallback to boring name. I'll add that to my feature tracker for now, and thanks for the suggestions, I like them!

New response