Leighzer's Science Ores

Adds new ores that can be processed directly into science packs.

Content
3 years ago
0.17 - 1.1
Mining

i Bob's tech compatibility

5 years ago

could you make this compatible with bob's teck, and add an ore to get logistic science pack from?

5 years ago

Thanks for pointing this out. This is next on my modding todo list. I plan on adding the missing ore and having the ore graphics/locale properly match what Bob uses.

5 years ago

Whoo I was just coming here to see what was going on with this - so happy to see you're already on it :D

5 years ago

If you are really itching I pushed a commit to git hub that has the functionality working with Bob's Tech. The major drag is I haven't quite figured out how to programmatically change the locale for logistic science (supposed to be transport science.) However outside of that it appears to be working well.
To use this unofficial release:
You would go here download the zip.
Extract the zip.
Go into the source folder.
Copy all of the contents.
Place the contents in a folder named leighzerscienceores_0.1.6
Then put that folder in your factorio mods folder.

I will make an official release when I get the locale issue sorted out. Thanks!

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

There's two options that I know of:

1) in your locale file use
logistic-science-ore=ITEM__logistic-science-pack ore
which will result in the localised string: "Logistic science pack ore" but will respect other mod renaming of the item (with bobtech installed logistic-science-ore is called "Transport science pack ore" and can be done for all your ores so they are dynamically updated by any other mods that may rename stuff....

2) instead of using ITEM in the locale, add a new entry for the transport science pack to each section, then in data-final-fixes.lua do something like this:
data.raw["item"]["logistic-science-ore"].localised_name = {"item-name.transport-science-ore"}
which is quick and clean but will need logic and locale entries for any other mods that mess around with science pack names.

warning: the double underscore is being changed to bold it, the format is [underscore][underscore]ITEM[underscore][underscore]logistic-science-pack[underscore][underscore]

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

Just downloaded the 0.16 and tested out a localisation change here - using https://pastebin.com/dS1srsCc it seems to work well, with the only caveat I can tell being that everything is named blah science pack ore instead of blah science ore. you'll find that link on your github issue as well.

Also poking around it looks like RSO will need to push an update for the new ore spawn as well since each ore type is hardcoded into a resource config for it.

Looks like it just needs
if game.entity_prototypes["advanced-logistic-science-ore"] then config["advanced-logistic-science-ore"] = getConfigForScienceOres() end
added to it

5 years ago

Some more testing using RSO (I hacked it to work) so I'm not sure if this the same without it but I needed to tweak the map color tint in your data.lua as it was showing up as just black on the map.

Using
leighzermods.leighzerscienceores.tints.advancedLogistic = {r=1,g=.1,b=1}--100, 0, 66.7
comes out reasonably close to the ore color.

4 years ago

Thanks for the possible solution to the locale, I appreciate the effort. I ultimately went with something where the locale has a variable that I first set to regular language, then if we have bob's tech, I update the entry with Transport language.
I ran into some strange issues getting the autoplace-controls renamed programmatically, so I entered a new locale entry just to get things working.

Thanks for the effort in that regard. As for RSO, I have made a request with orzelek to add support for advanced logistic science ore, thanks for that block of code.

4 years ago

maybe I should open a thread in you other mod, but could you add support for this new science ore (bob's logictic science pack) in bottling science? I using both, but right now, this science has ore but not bottling recipe

4 years ago

btw, right now this mod is not compatible with RSO, the description tells you they are, but the reality is this wont work if RSO is activated

4 years ago

Hello, yes science bottling is next on my radar to update. There is a good amount of changes that will need to get made, so it will take some time, I'll do my best!

As for RSO compatibility, 5.0.0 now has the missing config for Bob's Logistic science ore.

New response