More Long Inserters

by Kryzeth

Adds long inserter variants of nearly all detected inserters. Optionally also adds burner versions of the filter, stack, and stack filter inserters. Fully compatible with Bobs Logistics, Artisanal Reskins, AAI Industry, Industrial Revolution 2 and 3, Factorio Extended Plus (FXP), Krastorio 2, Random Factorio Things, and Plutonium Energy. Incompatible with the inserter overhaul setting in Bobs Logistics. Not recommended to use with Bobs Adjustable Inserters (try Side Inserters instead!)

Content
22 days ago
0.16 - 1.1
Logistics

i [Fixed] Any chance for Exotic Industries and Space Exploration Compatibilities ?

24 days ago

Any chance for Exotic Industries and Space Exploration Compatibilities ?
Would love to use this for those mods. Because those mods have different science packs,
than the one that this mod is requesting to research it so I can be able to unlock it and use it.

I am one of those that need the burner filter inserters, because those 2 mods have lots of by-products and I need to stuff everything from the output,
into their own chest and process what I need for specific machines needs. It's hard to explain. hehe.

Anyways, would love to see an update to this mod that would make this mod compatible with both
Exotic Industries and Space Exploration mods.

Thanks.

23 days ago

Alright, that was a pretty easy fix. I was creating the technologies from scratch pretty late in the initialization phase, after Exotic replaced the vanilla science packs; all I had to do was make them much earlier in the process, so Exotic could handle the replacement and balancing. Should be fixed as of v4.1.12

23 days ago
(updated 23 days ago)

hello . i got space explo and when i take back a inserter from this mod. its lost, dont have it in my inventory.
maybe check this out if you can reproduce this too

(long one , red thermic)

23 days ago

Thank you very much Kryzeth. :)
But one small problem. Its asking for ingredients that is 2 levels deep further in research for starter inserters, instead of ingredients that are within
the proper level of research and availability at that current time for the player. Making progression not possible.
It's also asking for PCB Solder which is several layers deep in the research stuck on a catch-22 progression.
Its also asking for batteries, advanced circuits, insulated wire, central processing unit, condensed cryodust, big and advanced electric motor, energy crystal,
just for the first 2 inserters of a new play-through only a couple hours in the game.

Instead of just asking for Mechanical Parts, Iron Plates and Steam Engine (which requires Iron & Copper Mechanical Parts and Pipes),
Single Cylinder Engine parts, and Multi Part Cylinder Engine for more advanced inserts.

22 days ago
(updated 22 days ago)

@ChocoMaxXx Per the FAQ's for this mod: By default, the crafting recipe for all long inserters only requires the base form inserter, and when you mine it back up, you get the base form inserter back, instead of the long inserter. You can disable this in the Mod Settings, to revert to the vanilla behavior.
If you didn't get any inserters back at all, then I might need a little more info, since as far as I can tell, Space Exploration is working as intended together.

@Twsted Hmm, I think I see the issue. By default, the new burner filter inserters follow the same logic as every other inserter I make; copy the base entity for its energy requirements, rotation speed, crafting recipe, etc. and then makes required changes (like changing the previous upgrade, next upgrade, etc). In vanilla, the stack and filter inserters use the basic green circuits and gear wheels, just a lot of them, so it's not actually gated behind any other tech. But of course, this approach won't work with more complex mods.

I suppose the simplest method of handling this would be to change the ingredient requirements to copy the basic burner inserter instead, and then maybe doubling or tripling the ingredient amount, to balance the cost a little bit. I probably should have been doing that before; it makes a bit more sense to me that way.

22 days ago

Alright, hopefully should have fixed all of the issues between this mod and Exotic Industries, as of v4.1.13

22 days ago

should had read the change, thank you for the mod.

21 days ago

So far so good. If I have any other problems, I'll be sure to post it here.
Thanks so much Kryzeth. :)

19 days ago
(updated 19 days ago)

@Kryzeth Just found something. Don't know if its your mod or not but Logistics Tech Cards (green cards) are not showing up in the filter search.

New response