More Long Inserters

by Kryzeth

Adds long inserter variants of nearly all detected inserters. Optionally also adds burner versions of the filter, stack, and stack filter inserters. Fully compatible with Bobs Logistics, Artisanal Reskins, AAI Industry, Industrial Revolution 2 and 3, Factorio Extended Plus (FXP), Krastorio 2, Random Factorio Things, and Plutonium Energy. Incompatible with the inserter overhaul setting in Bobs Logistics. Not recommended to use with Bobs Adjustable Inserters (try Side Inserters instead!)

Content
23 days ago
0.16 - 1.1
Logistics

b [Not a Bug] Removing inserters

2 years ago

When I remove a 'Long Fast Inserter' it will revert back to a normal 'Fast Inserter' in my inventory. For example, I place 10 'Long Fast Inserter', then remove them manually (or through construction drones). I won't have 10 'Long Fast Inserters' in my inventory, but 10 'Fast Inserters'

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

Yup, that is the way it works by default. If you check the crafting recipe for Long Fast Inserter, it will only require a Fast Inserter (no other circuits or plates). This is so you can swap between long and short inserters, without using up resources, or needing to recycle them with another mod.

If you wish to revert this behavior, there is a mod setting labeled "Simple long handed upgrade" that you can disable. You could also check this information as the only FAQ for this mod: https://mods.factorio.com/mod/kry-inserters/faq

New response