More Long Inserters

by Kryzeth

Adds long inserter variants of nearly all detected inserters. Optionally also adds burner versions of the filter, stack, and stack filter inserters. Fully compatible with Bobs Logistics, Artisanal Reskins, AAI Industry, Industrial Revolution 2 and 3, Factorio Extended Plus (FXP), Krastorio 2, Random Factorio Things, and Plutonium Energy. Incompatible with the inserter overhaul setting in Bobs Logistics. Not recommended to use with Bobs Adjustable Inserters (try Side Inserters instead!)

Content
14 days ago
0.16 - 1.1
Logistics

b [Fixed] Mod incompatability and synchronization error

3 years ago

I found two things that might need fixing.

The first thing is a bug that is caused when using the mod along with the "Random Factorio Things" mod. It adds nuclear inserters and gives an error message when starting the game, due to a missing upgrade for a nuclear long stack inserter.

The second thing i found was when playing multiplayer using this mod. My friend could not load into the game at first, because the mod settings didnt sync properly. He had to manually change the mod settings to my own before he could enter my game.

I hope this helps improving the mod.

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Surprisingly, there was only one line to add to fix the issue with Random Factorio Things. The mod looks a little.. superfluous to me, considering other mods add very similar entities, and implement them in much more balanced ways, so I won't be contributing full compatibility (i.e. long-handed versions of all nuclear inserters) and I can't make the crafting menu as pretty as with other mods, but it won't crash on load, so that's probably all that matters.

As for the multiplayer sync bug; I currently have no simple way of testing with multiplayer, but that sounds like an issue with Factorio itself. Especially since there are literally only 2 startup options, and both are simple true/false options.

Anyways, fixed compatibility with Random Factorio Things as of v3.0.3

New response