More Long Inserters

by Kryzeth

Adds long inserter variants of nearly all detected inserters. Optionally also adds burner versions of the filter, stack, and stack filter inserters. Fully compatible with Bobs Logistics, Artisanal Reskins, AAI Industry, Industrial Revolution 2 and 3, Factorio Extended Plus (FXP), Krastorio 2, Random Factorio Things, and Plutonium Energy. Incompatible with the inserter overhaul setting in Bobs Logistics. Not recommended to use with Bobs Adjustable Inserters (try Side Inserters instead!)

Content
a month ago
0.16 - 1.1
Logistics

g [Fixed] Industrial Revolution "fuel leech" not supported

4 years ago

Industrial Revolution has the option, that burner inserters can grab fuel from building fuel slots, inserters added by this mod are not affected and can as such not grab fuel from buildings to fuel themselves. The option is called "Burner insterters access to fuel slots".

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

Hm, that's weird. It could be that the option in Industrial Revolution is hard coded to only affect its own inserters.

I would have recommended the existing inserter leech mod, but judging by the recent comments, it appears to have broken within the past month. Which is a real shame, because it used to work perfectly fine.

I don't really want to dig into that can of worms, since it should be fine when that mod is fixed, so I'll leave this into pending for now.

4 years ago

One solution would be to not replace the already existing (IR mod) long burner inserter.

The 2.0 version of the "burner leech" mod only does this:

for _, v in pairs(data.raw.inserter) do
if settings.startup['bl-allow-non-burners-to-leech'].value == true then
-- allow ALL inserters to leech
v.allow_burner_leech = true
elseif v.energy_source.type == "burner" then
v.allow_burner_leech = true
end
end

Since "allow_burner_leech " is now an built-in property (https://wiki.factorio.com/Prototype/Inserter), so it should not be too hard to add this to this mod.

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

Woah, is it really that simple now? I thought those mod devs were just hacking together a way to allow burners to leech through a complex control.lua script; I didn't realize it had been added to the base game.

Yeah, if it's just another property of inserters, that's definitely doable. I'll try to have it out by tomorrow

EDIT: Alright, the property works perfectly; just a couple extra lines of code and a new setting. Will be in the next update, soon as I fix up some mod compatibility.

4 years ago

Great I'm looking forward to it.

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

Just uploaded; should be fixed as of 2.1.0

Though if you notice any issues with the setting, please do mention them. I've only tested with a couple of modlists so far, and it seems to be working as well as expected. I think the only jankiness comes from the Factorio engine itself, in how it's handling the burner fuel leech property

4 years ago

Update work for me, thanks.

New response