More Long Inserters

by Kryzeth

Adds long inserter variants of nearly all detected inserters. Optionally also adds burner versions of the filter, stack, and stack filter inserters. Fully compatible with Bobs Logistics, Artisanal Reskins, AAI Industry, Industrial Revolution 2 and 3, Factorio Extended Plus (FXP), Krastorio 2, Random Factorio Things, and Plutonium Energy. Incompatible with the inserter overhaul setting in Bobs Logistics. Not recommended to use with Bobs Adjustable Inserters (try Side Inserters instead!)

Content
12 days ago
0.16 - 1.1
Logistics

g [Fixed] Industrial Revolution Inconsistency

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

When used with Industrial Revolution, at least one inserter has a mismatched recipe: the long burner inserter. I know you add your own, but IR also adds one, and it's recipe is more than just a burner inserter. Might be worth a look to see if there are other inconsistancies. Thanks for your hard work.

4 years ago

Define: "Inconsistency"? The default setting for this mod replaces the recipes of all long handed variants of inserters to simply the base form inserter (so a long fast inserter would be crafted from just a fast inserter), then returns the base form inserter when you mine (so picking up the long fast inserter gives you back a fast inserter)

You can change the setting for this behavior, giving the long inserters regular recipes, though I haven't actually tested this with Industrial Revolution. I'll have to look at that setting later today.

However, v2.0.5 should completely disable and hide the DIR's long burner inserter, in place of the one added by this mod. If the DIR version still appears, then that would definitely be an issue.

4 years ago

Ok. I guess I just didn't expect IR's recipe to be overridden. I did not know about that setting so I will take a look at it later. thanks!

4 years ago

Yup, since I don't believe their long burner inserter is used in any recipes, and it does the same thing as mine, it's best to just disable one. I have the graphics modified to match IR's, so it won't look out of place either.

A quick glance at my logic (I haven't actually worked on this mod in a loong while lol), it seems that all long inserters are initially copied directly from their base inserters (taking the entire recipe), replacing any previous inserter with the base form inserter (so a long fast would use the ingredients of a fast inserter, but replacing the yellow inserter ingredient with a fast inserter ingredient).

Then later on, if the "no recipe" setting is enabled (which it is by default), then it removes all but the base form inserter from the recipe. So I'm not sure if the recipes will be "correct" with the setting disabled, but it should use the ingredients from Industrial Revolution, so it shouldn't look out of place.

The setting is mostly a personal preference, since I like free long inserters.

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

Okay, disabling the simple long handed upgrade setting results in some pretty wonky recipes. Definitely still broken as of v.2.0.6, although the mod works as expected with the setting enabled. I'll try to have a fix for this later, but priorities!

I was in the middle of updating one of my other mods last night, and unlike the other bug reported here, it's not a crash on startup bug. As soon as I finish what I was doing last night though!

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

Alright, disabling the simple long handed inserter setting uses the proper recipes now. They may or may not be simpler than the "original" recipes, but it shouldn't be too noticeable. I still recommend having long inserters as "free" upgrades to normal length inserters, but the small cost to upgrading them should be sufficient for those who disagree.

Should be fixed as of 2.0.7

New response