More Long Inserters

by Kryzeth

Adds long inserter variants of nearly all detected inserters. Optionally also adds burner versions of the filter, stack, and stack filter inserters. Fully compatible with Bobs Logistics, Artisanal Reskins, AAI Industry, Industrial Revolution 2 and 3, Factorio Extended Plus (FXP), Krastorio 2, Random Factorio Things, and Plutonium Energy. Incompatible with the inserter overhaul setting in Bobs Logistics. Not recommended to use with Bobs Adjustable Inserters (try Side Inserters instead!)

Content
11 days ago
0.16 - 1.1
Logistics

b [Not A Bug] missing pickup item

5 years ago

First off, thank you for this mod! Dynamically adding long and filter variants both assures me of the consistency of recipes and the completeness of the selection, which I rather appreciate.

It seems that the minable.result is not set, though, as I don't get it back in my inventory when I mine the long fast inserter, at least, running 0.17.24.

5 years ago

You are most welcome, I'm glad at least one other person besides me finds it useful lol.

Now, when you say you don't get it back, do you mean that you get nothing back, or that you don't get the long fast inserter back? By default, I have all long versions of inserters craftable using only the base inserter as material, and when you mine them, you get the base inserter back again. Thus, if you make too many, you can easily convert them back into their base forms.

This is a toggleable mod setting, should be "Simple long handed upgrade" under Mod Settings. Disabling it will change the recipes back to the usual, inserter + circuit, or whatever their normal recipes were. And of course, mining them would get you back the same inserter.

However, if you aren't getting anything back, then that's a bug. Check to see you aren't getting an extra fast inserter when you mine long fast inserters. It's certainly possible that I might have missed something

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

hey i am having a similar issue, it might be some incompatibility with another mod but idk. but when ever i try to pick up the long handed inserters and just the long handed ones, it wont go into my inventory, not like drop onto the ground because my inv is full, it just disappears and my only solution is to craft another. i have made it through 1 game with this problem trying to ignore it but starting a new one caused my to craft somewhere between 50-200 long handed inserters, i placed them all in the order needed and then promptly realized i placed all of them wrong. now i need to pick them all up, and then craft them all over again because they fuckin disappeared. would be awesome if you could respond and help me i can past my mod list down here:

Air filtering, auto deconstruct, auto research, base mod, belt layer, bob's assembling machines mod, bob's functions library mod, bob's greenhouse mod, bob's mining mod, bob's power mod, bob's technology mod, bottleneck, bullet trails, chunky power poles, configurable underground lenghts, construction drones, even distribution, inserters dont need power (i think it might be this one but it has worked with this mod before so idk), power armor mk3, quality of life research, RitnLIB, robot mining site, side inserters (also might be this one), uranium geiger, waterfill, Where is MyBody,

thank you for your time i am a modder for other games myself and i know how hard some things can be, so no rush, thanks!

edit: disabling side inserters did not fix it but i am now noticing that when i pick the long handed inserters up it gives me a regular one instead,
edit2: looking at the mod settings confirms that i am, indeed, a dumbass.

3 years ago

Lol, I'm glad you were able to resolve the problem. I'm gonna add this question to the FAQ, in case anybody else comes across this "issue"

New response