Krastorio 2 - air purifier helper

by Quezler

Restocks air purifiers using construction robots.

Utilities
9 months ago
Environment

g Improved filers

1 year, 3 months ago

Mod doesn't appear to switch to improved filter requests. i have improved ones available but it still requires basic. Is there any setting or something i can do to switch or is it simply not supported?

1 year, 3 months ago

Hi, thanks for reaching out for my personal favorite mod.

The mod currently does not fully support the improved filters for two simple reasons, first one is that the advanced filters are gated that far back (especially with k2 + se) that i didn't really get/need them in my playthroughs, and secondly that checking when to request which filters on which surface would be messy and performance heavy.

if you wish to switch ALL the filter deliveries to the better tier you can edit the file in the mod's script directory, and replace the reference from the standard to the advanced recipe duration (variable already exists, but is simply not used) and changing the delivered item to the advanced one, of course since you'll be modifying the file its tricky if its a multiplayer world.

1 year, 3 months ago

I just found a workaround. Or better said, it found me. I made a bunch of request chests with advanced filter and they put 2 filters in each purifier but the request stayed.
However it somehow disappeared after my robots tried to "insert" standard filters into purifiers that had 2 advanced ones. So i just walked around with 4 in my inventory (i placed them in grid pattern on chunk corners) and got rid of all the requests.
Suppose it's better this way because if it ever runs out of filters it will alert me that basic ones are missing again.

1 year, 3 months ago

sweet, glad you found something that works for ya :)

10 months ago

Hello! I stumbled upon the same situation as BlasterTK but not sure how to apply his workaround πŸ˜…
Could you please tell me how to do this exactly "if you wish to switch ALL the filter deliveries to the better tier you can edit the file in the mod's script directory, and replace the reference from the standard to the advanced recipe duration"?
I've seen the .lua file but not sure how to proceed.
Thank you!

10 months ago
  • replace all occurrences of global.standard_recipe_duration with global.improved_recipe_duration (save for line 12 and 13)
  • change the item name in modules = {["pollution-filter"] = count}, to the one of the improved filter
10 months ago
  • replace all occurrences of global.standard_recipe_duration with global.improved_recipe_duration (save for line 12 and 13)
  • change the item name in modules = {["pollution-filter"] = count}, to the one of the improved filter

Thanks! this worked. In case anyone else is interested, the name of the improved filter is "improved-pollution-filter" :)

10 months ago

i suppose i should just make it a map option at this point with a simple dropdown of which filter item to use so it can still be easily used in multiplayer, but that might take a few days due to my busy brain schedule.

New response