Jvm Cargo Ships Tweaks

by jvmguy

A tweaked version of the original cargo-ships mod by schnurrebutz. Adds cargo ships, oil tankers, deep sea oil rigs and other ocean based content

Content
4 years ago
Logistics

g Mod title

4 years ago

Hi! Don't you think it would be better if you changed the title of your mod a bit? How about "Cargo Ships Tweak" or something like that? People might be confused about which mod is the original if both titles are identical. Also, it would be nice if you could give more info on what exactly you have changed. :-)

4 years ago

Hey thanks. I meant to do that.

4 years ago

Ok. Updated the title. I hope this is just temporary until the original mod author can update it to support what i need.

4 years ago

Ok. Updated the title.

Thanks! The original mod is under GPL3, so you're not moving on a legal minefield here, but avoiding ambiguity is generally a good thing.

I hope this is just temporary until the original mod author can update it to support what i need.

In case he does, you should also think about how to remove your mod (unless you want to fork and implement more changes) because there's really not much use for different copies of the same mod around. Here is a forum thread on this topic. But that's just my opinion, you can do as you please, of course! :-)

4 years ago

Also, it would be nice if you could give more info on what exactly you have changed. :-)

Yes it would!

4 years ago

Whats different!?

4 years ago

Right. I'll add more detail about my changes. As far as removing the mod.I plan to remove it as soon as the original mod supports my changes.

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

Right. I'll add more detail about my changes.

Great!

As far as removing the mod.I plan to remove it as soon as the original mod supports my changes.

Understood that already and don't want to insinuate that your mod isn't needed. I just found that making my last mod (a fix for another mod) was far easier than getting rid of it again. :-D

4 years ago

Yes. I saw the thread you mentioned. I expect it'll be helpful when it's time to get rid of this one.

New response