Industrial Engineering

THIS MOD IS CURRENTLY IN ITS EARLY STAGES, PLEASE RECOMMEND AND DISCUSS CONTENT YOU WOULD LIKE :) Industrial Engineering is a mod that adds in many new machines and processes to the game. From more productive and realistic late game smelting, to oil turbines to power your base instead of smelly boilers or radioactive rocks. The goal of IE is to add in more productive, useful or realistic processes and machines that work together, while not straying too far from the base game.

Content
3 years ago
0.17 - 1.1
Manufacturing

i Steel furnace unusable with coal

3 years ago

Hey there, as i am playing my first run with this mod the first thing i noticed was that it made powering steel furnaces with coal impossible. The inserters insert the coal in the fuel chamber and in the processing chamber as well. It shouldnt be a problem as you are supposed to use coked coal anyways, but in my case (multiple small islands) i dont have the space yet to set up coal coking, so i'm stuck to using regular coal for now. it would be nice to have some kind of receipe selection or maybe just the possibility to set a filtered slot as in chests.

3 years ago

Hello,

I could see why coal may get accidentally put in the top slot, instead of iron or something else (if it ran out) however for me it does work providing there is enough iron.

The intention is to use coal coke with steel furnaces but I can see why you may have an issue. The next step I suppose would be to find a solution. I don't really want to add a second furnace as it would just be clutter, but I could enable choosing recipes but that is also not ideal. Depending of what I can think or if something good is recommended I can make changes as needed.

-Samuel

New response