Boombastique Immersive Sound Pack

This mod replaces and improve the base game sound effects with over 400+ fresh new ones !

Tweaks
2 years ago

b BUGS REPORT THREAD

2 years ago

Report any problems here, please stay polite and structured in your reports. Thank you.

2 years ago

Just Uploaded the fix for the startup error, just forgot to rename one file. Oopsie.

2 years ago

Hey.

Isn't compatible with AAI vehicles and Rampant Arsenal. :(

2 years ago

Hey.

Hey, sorry for the huge delay. Does the game say incompatible ? Or is sounds just not working once playing ?

2 years ago

Hey.

Hey, sorry for the huge delay. Does the game say incompatible ? Or is sounds just not working once playing ?

Hey, no worries.

She sounds are not working once playing. The AAI/Rampant use default sounds from vanilla.

2 years ago

Hey, no worries.

She sounds are not working once playing. The AAI/Rampant use default sounds from vanilla.

Alright, this seems like a simple patch will do the trick.
Does vanilla entity still uses sounds from the mod ?

1 year, 11 months ago
(updated 1 year, 11 months ago)

Hi, Flouterose! I found an error in some of your code.

specifically, the car_engine_working_sound is not defined correctly

you're missing a curly brace right after sound =

car_engine_working_sound = 
 {
    sound =
    {
      filename = "__immersive-sounds__/sound/driving/car-engine-1.ogg",
      volume = 0.67
    },
    {
      filename = "__immersive-sounds__/sound/driving/car-engine-2.ogg",
      volume = 0.67
    },

You can see the consequences of this if you run DataRawSerpent:

working_sound = {
        {
          filename = "__immersive-sounds__/sound/driving/car-engine-2.ogg",
          volume = 0.67000000000000002
        },
        {
          filename = "__immersive-sounds__/sound/driving/car-engine-start-2.ogg",
        },
        {
          filename = "__immersive-sounds__/sound/driving/car-engine-stop-2.ogg",
        },
        activate_sound = {
          filename = "__immersive-sounds__/sound/driving/car-engine-start-1.ogg",
        },
        deactivate_sound = {
          filename = "__immersive-sounds__/sound/driving/car-engine-stop-1.ogg",
        },
        match_speed_to_activity = true,
        sound = {
          filename = "__immersive-sounds__/sound/driving/car-engine-1.ogg",
        }
      }
    },

As you can see, some of the sound effects you meant to be variations are just sitting there at the top of the list, not assigned to anything.

I imagine this missing curly brace is repeated throughout more of your code.

I noticed this 'cause I'm trying to make my DMV vehicles mod compatible with yours. The situation is, I expect certain sounds to not have variations, but your mod adds variations to those sounds. So, I'll probably need to write a utility function that checks whether the sound has variations or not. I should really look into factorio lib and try using their utility functions.

1 year, 11 months ago

I've noticed that your vehicle impact sounds are awesome, but they don't affect all the Alien Biomes trees and rocks.

Ideally, you'd move your code in data.lua to data-updates.lua, so that you can update all the new prototypes being added by other mods.

Then, instead of writing:

-- TREE
data.raw["tree"]["dead-dry-hairy-tree"].vehicle_impact_sound = car_impact_wood_sound
data.raw["tree"]["dead-grey-trunk"].vehicle_impact_sound = car_impact_wood_sound

You would write

for _, tree in pairs(data.raw.tree) do
    tree.vehicle_impact_sound = car_impact_wood_sound
end

And that would change every tree in the game.

1 year, 11 months ago

Thank you very much for the advice PrestonLeeCole, glad to hear. I will see what I can do to help. Currently, I'm overwhelmed with my job, but whenever I get free time, I will take a look.

New response