Holographic Signs

This mod adds holographic signs to show configurable icon and text.

Utilities
3 months ago

i Options to remove visual effects / text background

2 years ago

This mod has been really useful, but the glitchy effect that the text has every now and then really distracts me, so i had to disable it. Is there any chance you could add an option to make all text be completely static? Also, if you could add an option to disable the text background, thatd be nice too, but the glitchy flicker effect is much more important to me.

2 years ago

+1

2 years ago

"Plain text" mode is working for me actually :)

2 years ago

Thats it. Plain text removes the effects, and it is now static

2 years ago

Thats it. Plain text removes the effects, and it is now static

The plain text option don't display icons.
Any option to remove only the glitchy effect?
I'm okay with the way the effect looks. I just don't like when it goes away and comes back again.

1 year, 11 months ago

Adding another +1 - the background effect can be hard on the eyes especially with several inline but I don't want to lose the ability to show icons.

1 year, 8 months ago

If you want to make the effect easier on the eyes, check the "New option for changing the speed of update animation" topic here for how to add an option to do that. Setting it to 0 will disable the glitching effect on update, leaving only the hardcoded glitch once every 45 seconds. If you want to get rid of it completely, I've made a mod to do that for you: https://mods.factorio.com/mod/RemoveCompilatronEffects .

1 year, 8 months ago

Thanks LCStark! Added mod option to the new version!

New response