Holographic Signs

This mod adds holographic signs to show configurable icon and text.

Utilities
3 months ago

b Bottom row of buttons not working

2 years ago

Icon selection and typing in the text field both work, but clicking any of the 4 buttons at the bottom (X/Cancel, show/hide text field, show/hide input selection, and OK) has no affect. The button itself clicks, but it's like there's nothing there. The GUI remains open/doesn't show/hide what it was supposed to, etc.

Factorio 1.1.48, mod version 0.0.5.

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

Tried to reproduce the problem here but it is working.
Dont know what happend on your game or if another mod is interfering...

2 years ago

Hmm, I did try it with only this mod enabled, even tried going back 1 version. Still experienced the issue. Do you have to run any mouse location detection to get the clicks? I'm wondering if my UI scaling could interfere? I'm running at 125%.

2 years ago

Please try the new version

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

Ok, nope, that didn't help. In fact, it made it so clicking the icon button now just automatically fills it in with something rather than opening the window. (But that is related to my mod list, and maybe even more specifically how many I have that add new things. With only this mod running or a smaller list of mods, that doesn't happen.)

That said, I did figure out the issue: God mode. Basically anything in map editor and sandbox, or freeplay where you use the console or another mod to enter god mode. When not in God mode, it works! (Including icons) :P

However, I did find a crash. On first use of it in a game, clicking the OK button without setting at least an icon or typing something in the always visible text field causes a crash (both 0.0.5 & 0.0.6... I haven't tried any others):

Error while running event holographic_signs::on_gui_click (ID 1)
__holographic_signs__/speech-bubbles.lua:47: attempt to index field 'entity_speech' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
    __holographic_signs__/speech-bubbles.lua:47: in function 'clear_speach_bubble'
    __holographic_signs__/control.lua:329: in function 'apply_holo_sign'
    __holographic_signs__/control.lua:236: in function 'add_holo_sign'
    __holographic_signs__/control.lua:112: in function <__holographic_signs__/control.lua:104>

If I fill in one of these, click OK, then open it back up, clear & OK, reopen and just hit OK, or even open a second one and just hit OK without setting/typing anything, it works. So it seems like a global variable initialization that needs to be done on first run?

2 years ago

Fixed. Thanks for the report

New response