High-Pressure Pipes

High-pressure pipes for faster throughput.

Content
4 months ago
0.16 - 1.1
Logistics

i Compatibility with FactorioExtended+?

1 year, 16 days ago

FactorioExtended+ adds a Mk2 pipe, underground pipe, and pump, I'm wondering if this mod could support detecting that mod being installed and changing the High Pressure pipe, pipe-to-ground, and pump to using those items in the recipes and inheriting properties from those entities (the mk2 pipe-to-ground from FactorioExtended+ has a maximum underground distance of 20 instead of 10 of the regular Pipe).
This combined with gating the High Pressure Fluid handling tech behind the tech that gives you the mk2 pipes would place the High Pressure Pipes items in their proper place as the end-game fluid handling tech, from the points of view of "when you unlock it", "what it's made of", and "how good are the items you unlocked" point of view.
Right now, having both mods installed, I can unlock the High Pressure Fluid Handling tech with just the first 3 science packs, and it's still the best way to move fluids around in the game at default settings (at default settings it still has higher maximum sustained fluid throughput despite unlocking much earlier than the Mk2 pipes and pump from FactorioExtended+). As a result, I find myself never being able to take advantage of the higher pump speed or longer underground pipe reach distance of the Mk2 pipes from FactorioExtended, because the high pressure pipes are simply superior in the primary metric of a pipe (maximum sustained fluid throughput).
This is most unfortunate, however I do not know how to resolve it myself or I would do so and submit a pull request (or just fork it if I can't do that).

New response