Heroic Roboports


A mod that adds upgradable research for two new roboports! Every 'tier' or upgrade adds extra value to already placed roboports!

Content
3 months ago
2.0 - 2.1
288
Logistic network

b Uninstall bug

8 days ago

When uninstalling the mod, using /hr-uninstall to convert roboports back to regular ones deletes any robots inside of the roboports.

8 days ago

Yikes, that's annoying! I'm going to fix it.

I'm curious, what is your reason for running the uninstall command? (what is your reason for uninstalling?)

8 days ago

The reason I uninstalled is because of the bot charging priority. Bots all stack up at logistic ports instead of using energy roboports with the extra charging slots. So they are charging one by one and are stuck there until they are all done, hogging a ton of robots in the process. For a while I was able to overlook it but it's not sustainable. I know that robot code isn't exposed via the API so there's nothing to do about it in that regard unfortunately. There is a solution I believe which I describe below.

I do really like this mod and I enjoy the research process for upgrading roboports. Fixing this issue would keep me using this mod. I am aware of the bot API issue but I've done some research and I think there is a good way to fix this.

Solution:
The main issue is energy roboports have no robot storage slots so robots aren't choosing these roboports since they can't be stored in them. Adding storage slots would immediately fix the problem i think.

Ideas: (would make the mod even more fun)
A quick fix would be nice. However, this mod is fun for me and has way more potential than just that. Give energy roboports at least 6 storage slots for robots, and buff the logistic port to compensate. Make the logistic port have at least 8 charging slots, and give the energy port 24. Basically the idea is that you have each roboport have a baseline buff that is above the regular roboport. There's no reason it should have less features. Adding more research (perhaps infinite research) to unlock even better upgrades for each roboport would be awesome. Infinite research on range, charging ports, storage slots, charging efficiency, productivity, etc would bring so much more excitement to the mod. Also to balance the buffs on these rogoports you should change up the crafting recipes for them. For instance energy rogoports could use superconductors / supercapacitors, or things like that. Then logistic rogoports could use things like steel chest, radar, and tungsten plate. That means that you also have to go to the other planets first to craft them.

Other issue:
- roboport charging energy requirements aren't showing up in the factory energy usage tab

If you don't have the time to add all these features I honestly might just fork it and add them xD it's such a fun mod! Good job

2 days ago

I'm working on fixing and looking into your issues!

I'm not quite sure what you mean by "roboport charging energy requirements aren't showing up in the factory energy usage tab"?
Whenever I look at the energy screen by clicking on a power pole, the different roboports show up in the graphs for me.

I'll be going and test your main problem, which is the robots charging priority, if you have the safe file where this can be shown as a big issue that'll help me identify the problem

Glad that you're thinking of other idea's! And I agree that each roboport should get a more thematic item on it's crafting recipe, and also with potential changes to their functionality. I'll be experimenting with a few options before I'm deciding on those.

2 days ago

Awesome thank you! :D

Its been a second since I used the mod, I've been playing with a simple charging pad extender mod for now. I do remember what i mean by the energy usage tab though. Basically when roboports are completely discharged, their power requirements arent shown on the panel, and its hard to see a clear picture of whats demanding energy because of that. Basically when roboports completely discharge, their full 0-100% charge shows as something 10x your factory's normal consumption.

As for the main issue I'll try to recreate it here soon and ill be back with a reply for the save file. In the meantime basically what was happening was imagine a logistical roboport surrounded by energy roboports. The network is overloaded and robots desperately need charging, but are only charging at the logistical one and piling up there instead of charging at the energy ones.

I'm glad you're interested in the themality! Itd add so much to the mod. I love getting excited to unlock new recipies when traveling to a new world!

New response